• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"[Project management] Save failed - this is unusual, check previous messages for more information"

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this message periodically and time consumingly. 

"[Project management] Save failed - this is unusual, check previous messages for more information"

I can't share the file as it's covered by an NDA, but I see no reason that the file should save fine one minute and not the next. This program is supposed to save me some time texturing and I'm spending half of it dealing with nonsense like this. 

Sorry for my irritation but I just lost a couple hours work due to this, as I also had to disable the Autosave function as it was taking just over a minute per save, which is not conducive to good workflow. 

Anyway, I appreciate any assistance.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Hello! 
Just had the same issue: SP didn't let save .spp file because I had deleted imported assets, even recovering them from bin didn't help.

I found solution in GKLINDT's comment here:
"I would use the File-> Clean method along with the Resource updater unless you want to delete the files outside the project and inside it. The Render Updater can currently be accessed via the lowest icon on the left hand side menu (looks like a file with a recycling icon)."
After I did Clean, I could save a .spp f

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same issue today and lost like an hour, it's even more frustrating that Adobe moved the old substance forum on their website and you can't find anything from the old threads.

I fiddled around with the resource manager (last button in the UI on the left hand side toolbar), if you have any outdated resources update all of them and also don't delete any resources (like images imported into the project). Check if you have and restore them from the recycle bin if you still have them. After updating the resources and ensuring no layers are using assets that have been deleted I managed to make it save.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 
Just had the same issue: SP didn't let save .spp file because I had deleted imported assets, even recovering them from bin didn't help.

I found solution in GKLINDT's comment here:
"I would use the File-> Clean method along with the Resource updater unless you want to delete the files outside the project and inside it. The Render Updater can currently be accessed via the lowest icon on the left hand side menu (looks like a file with a recycling icon)."
After I did Clean, I could save a .spp file copy as usual.

Best regards,
Bwahh

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greatly appreciated, totally sorted me out. Thanks much for answering!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its works Thank you for ur answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information I find the recycle icon but I don't know how to clean everything inside it to be able to save. In File there is no tool that says Clean.
I don't know if you could upload a photo to summarise it better? Because I can't figure it out and this problem is driving me crazy.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! i came here to also find a solution and what worked for me was hitting File>Remove unused recources 

hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those who doesn't find the Clean up button. First, you have to click in the recycle icon that is in the left side (above the sandclock). Then when it's done you go to File> Remove unused resources and it should work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources