Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

thick and thine line stroke path

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

How can I create using pen tool stroke path to make thick and thin line in sb painter like photoshop. Which means the stroke's one point is thicker and another point is thinner.

Regards,
Vasanth 

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Hello Vasanth,

Thanks for the message.

I'm unsure which Photoshop feature you're referring to.

If you simply want to enable the Pen pressure of the Brush tool, there's a small button next to the Size slider to activate Pen pressure.

Capture d’écran 2024-02-12 à 13.57.15.png

If you're referring to the Path tool, it has a Pressure value that you can edit individually for each vertex.

Capture d’écran 2024-02-12 à 14.03.05.png

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

This specific picture doesn't seem adequate for a pattern projection. It would require a lot of Photoshop work.

I would personally either look for a material in our Substance 3D assets library (something like this), or download a ready-made image on textures.com or similar.

Alternatively, you could build something yourself with the Weave 4 texture as a base.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

To be honest, I'm not sure what data you want to extract from the image upthere. Do you want to make a material out of it? If so, as mentionned in my previous message, the image is still not adequate to make a texture.

Do you want to scan the image to build a 3D model? You'll need a few pictures (at least 20) of the object from different angles.

But if you keep the image as it is; it's only a reference. The thing you could "extract" from the picture would be a color when using the Color picker

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vasanth,

Thanks for the message.

I'm unsure which Photoshop feature you're referring to.

If you simply want to enable the Pen pressure of the Brush tool, there's a small button next to the Size slider to activate Pen pressure.

Capture d’écran 2024-02-12 à 13.57.15.png

If you're referring to the Path tool, it has a Pressure value that you can edit individually for each vertex.

Capture d’écran 2024-02-12 à 14.03.05.png

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyril Dellenbach,
Thanks for your clarification. Before I did't noticed pressure option for changing thickness of each vertex.

I have a reference photograph of a wicker-pattern basket with highlights and shadows. How can I remove the highlights and shadows and then use it for projection painting in SB Painter?

wicker_pattern.jpg

Regards,
Vasanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This specific picture doesn't seem adequate for a pattern projection. It would require a lot of Photoshop work.

I would personally either look for a material in our Substance 3D assets library (something like this), or download a ready-made image on textures.com or similar.

Alternatively, you could build something yourself with the Weave 4 texture as a base.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input Cyril Dellenbach.

I can understand what you have said. Please look at the another image, I have planned to create the exact model with wicker details thereafter use SB Painter for wrinkle details (height) diffuse color texture creation. How can I extract details from the source reference image? (I need to match the reference as it is)

01_hero_image.jpg

Regards,

Vasanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please anyone reply above question.

Regards,

Vasanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I'm not sure what data you want to extract from the image upthere. Do you want to make a material out of it? If so, as mentionned in my previous message, the image is still not adequate to make a texture.

Do you want to scan the image to build a 3D model? You'll need a few pictures (at least 20) of the object from different angles.

But if you keep the image as it is; it's only a reference. The thing you could "extract" from the picture would be a color when using the Color picker.

In this current state, I would simply model it myself in Blender or any 3D application, using the image as a reference. You could also create a similar looking material in Substance 3D Designer, but this can become tricky if you never used Designer.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your useful information. Now, I am getting overall picture what you have said.

I don't have a knowledge in SB Designer. I can using colour picker to pick the wicker strip colour from the reference image but how can I create or extract wrinkle (height/normal map) details in SB Painter?

wrinkles.jpg

Regards,

Vasanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources