Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EDU licensing for Stager

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe:

Unfortunately, the team uncovered an engineering issue tied to Named User Licensing so Substance 3D apps are not broadly available to all Named User License customers at this time, and the solution will not be available to all such users this academic year. However, I have added ASU to the priority list for access and will keep you updated if anything changes.In the interim, if there are students and faculty who are not able to wait for the issue to be resolved, they can get free access to Substance through the link below, if they create a free Substance account: https://substance3d.adobe.com/education/

As far as I can tell, this simply requests a Substance3D edu license, which does NOT include Stager and doesn't seem to allow accessing any of the Adobe Substance 3D apps through the CC desktop app. I already have that edu license and it only includes Designer, Painter, and Alchemist.  

My question is, how in the world am I supposed to get access to and open Stager? I've been run in circles by Substance's email helpdesk, Adobe doesn't have any ETA other than 'not this year'.What's the solution here, spell it out for me please. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa... the entire academic year? I have Stager lessons planned for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters. 

Can someone from Adobe clarify? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this up, any updated from someone at Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still hoping to get a response. I'm not sure where else to go at this point. I'll keep bumping this thread I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll help you. 

BUMP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Related discussion and concerns - including for students who don't have a college that's subscribing on their behalf - at:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/substance-3d-stager-discussions/edu-licensing-for-stager/td-p/1235490...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been told this has been fixed at my institution as of yesterday. Thank goodness! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! I haven't received any notifications from Adobe or from my school but decided to check when I saw your post. Apparently things are working now. Just in time!

Thanks for the heads up 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit of an old thread and anyone following it is probably already aware. But for anyone who stumbles across it, the "Substance 3D Collection apps (including Stager) are available for free for students and teachers in ..." now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx for the post. We were contacted by the Adobe Substance team directly, and were able to change who was managing the student acct okay. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources