Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something we all can relate to.

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

We can make this a thread to post relevant cartoons, photo edits, memes and other assorted witticisms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 732 Replies 732
Guide ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "What's the 1st thing U do..." thread started by Cactus Cowboy in this forum put me in mind of this old quote. It would be off-topic there, so I put it here.

"When I open my eyes in the morning, if I don't see candles and smell flowers, I get up!"

-- Comedian George Burns in response to the question by Johnny Carson; "To what do you attribute your longevity?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging this thread back out of the basement with:

Kitten.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this old story came to mind for some reason:

A musician goes to the bank for a loan. The manager looks over the application, pauses, and says, "under Occupation, you have listed that you are a drummer in Louis Armstrong's orchestra. Is that correct?"

"Yes Sir"

"I hate to be the one to break it to you, but Louis Armstrong passed away a long time ago."

"And here I thought rock and roll was the reason why I hadn't gotten any gigs in years."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the difference between a rock guitarist and a large pepperoni pizza?

A large pepperoni pizza can feed a family of four.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in our college days, first married ... Miriam and I had a two-bedroom apartment in our little college town. The second bedroom for a while was lined with plywood sheets cut to the height of floor-to-ceiling, with the pink fibreglass insulation tacked to them insulation-in for sound-deadening.

My amp, amps for the other guitarist & bass player, and the drummer's kit took up enough space we barely had room to stand (or sit, in Mayo's case of course ... ). We were on the end of a four-apartment single-floor block, and the neighbors were cool as long as we ALWAYS did our covers of Smoke on the Water and Johhny B. Goode at least at beginning & end of playing.

My father-in-law was ... horrified.

He had a b/w darkroom that he rarely used anymore, and several 35mm range-finder cameras. He thrust them at me. I started using the cameras, developing & printing b/w but still using his bathroom at first, then figured how to use our bathroom (without a window, handy!) and that bedroom for a little space.

Then our little band broke up. And I re-configured the practice room to a mini-studio. Liked doing portraits. Left school (just short of graduating as an English Lit/PE/Music teacher to set up a portrait studio.

My father-in-law was horrified.

Miriam taught for six years, a music teacher, then joined me full time in the studio.

My father-in-law was ... well, you can guess by now.

I seemed to have that effect the entire 35 years or so he lived after we were married.

My parents were much better. Well, my mom was horrified at my being Self-Employed, of course. Respectable people just ... didn't. They got paychecks. But they loved Miriam.

Although it was quite clear that for my family, had Miriam and I had issues, she was definitely the Keeper. And I ... well ... might be able to negotiate something.

Maybe. (But don't count on it ... )

I dunno, we've done pretty well, I think ... 42 years of marriage, 40 years of our down-town studio, nice 8+ acre near-park we live on just outside Monmouth where Miriam does a lot of her outdoor portraiture. The people we can take care of (because that's sort of what we do), our three grown kids, second grand-child (g-daughter this one!) due any moment, our daughter the Pastor, it's really a pretty nice life we've managed.

But there's not been any rock-guitar in many, many years .... ha. (Only a bit of jazz now ... )

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'It's a Boy' meme is funny, but just a bit cringe worthy, which reminds me of this article Techspot put up today.  The link tells you what it is all about, and boy are some of those clips going to make you cringe. 

The Most Awkward Moments in Tech - TechSpot

Apple's Steve Ballmer manages to get _three_ mentions, so I'll start it off with this one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well its a good commercial for rehab... more sad than funny and I know other people around that time with the same habits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From that same article, the Windows speech recognition software demo is hysterical. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

From that same article, the Windows speech recognition software demo is hysterical.

That made me laugh out loud all over again.  They were crazy to do a public demo with such a flaky system.  But when was that?  A good while ago, and voice recognition is still a risky thing to rely on.  How long was Samsung's Voice Assistant delayed?  Does anyone trust their vehicle GPS to get them to where they want to go just be speaking to it?   My iPhone 5s doesn't have a clue when it comes to my London accent, although people think I sound like a Kiwi when I visit the UK now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fate.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruno Bozzetto: Europe vs. Italy (I would think Italy is a part of Europe, but I'll go with it just this once.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On another subject entirely...

A Rest.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"L'Italie c'est la France qui sourit"

(Italy is France smiling)

I really love this country.

Toto Cutugno - L'Italiano (1983) - YouTube

Toto Cutugno - L'Italiano (Lyrics + English Translation) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DHIZA7zVoAUPNPo.jpg_orig.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sphinx.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

explaining social media in 1962.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another I had to look up, because I didn't think to save it. But it's a classic.

body.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sticks.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed this motivational slogan surfing Google Images, I think it was posted in a prison...

72e98aadabfae9cbd4193a7722be0c95.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed now much Steve Bannon looks like Otis?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this sign might worry me...

Falling Rock.jpg

This one would get me to take a different route:

Falling Deer.jpg

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume 'beware of falling leopards' is too long to fit into the sign space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one that can relieve our minds. At least we don't have to worry about our glass of water overflowing. But which one is the fake news?

Ice water News.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KJerryK  wrote

Here's one that can relieve our minds. At least we don't have to worry about our glass of water overflowing. But which one is the fake news?

Ice water News.png

Leaving aside the massive and overwhelming archaeological evidence of sea-level change around the ice ages (ever hear of Berengia? If not, look it up) the problem with that "no water level change" graphic is that much of the glacier melt is not currently in the ocean. It is perched up on the continental landmasses (northern Canada, northern Eurasia, Antarctica, etc.). Just ask anyone who lives near a major river system (the Mississippi, for instance) what happens when you get massive amounts of runoff from the land.

Flood.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines