We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
(This may behave differently in other browsers?)
Why is it that Jive went to all the trouble of implementing crummy Ajax to load other pages of a thread--but they didn't bother to create 'shortcut links' that scrolls the screen to a user's post (when you click on the username link to see what a post is in reply to). Instead, what happens for me at least, we get an entirely reloaded page which then scrolls to the post for the link you clicked. I mean come on: I remember putting together web pages when I was a kid that could do that correctly, without a page reload--and it was easy!!!
New definition of Jive at dictionary.com:
1) An amateur developer, particularly one who develops web forums in IT. ex. Jives are cheap to hire, but will negatively affect your bottom line unless you have exceptionally dishonest salespeople.
1) To screw over. ex. Wow, you really jived that company up this time!
1) Extremely slow, to such an extreme as to render unusable. ex. These forums are so jive, most of us are going to have to find an alternative now.
2) Deceiving or misleading; dishonest. ex. The jive salesman sold another one of his useless products to an unsuspecting customer.
3) Useless or not worth bothering with. ex. This software is too jive to purchase.
4) Severely wrong morally; excessively punishing. ex. That's jived up man. That's just jived up.
Grammatical and other corrections welcome (just don't be a jive about it)!
I bet Jive is hating you right about now. Then maybe not.