Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advocate ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting this sometimes when clicking the time of the last post. I think JC said he thought he knew what the problem might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Kath-H wrote:

I didn't get a 404 this time, but went to a page with the following (don't know if this is any help to anyone)

throw 'allowScriptTagRemoting is false.';

To JC, most probably. But it seems that he and his team are so busy triyng to put out the (too many) larger fires, that they don't have time at present for these small glitches...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 127 Replies 127
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found this on the bottom of the second page. rest assured this is NOT fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every morning, after the obligatory, annoying rigmarole of logging on, I go to my (ex)favourite forum and click on "Last Post".

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh!        Bloody 404 again!      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup I get these to. Next time it happens try to notice if the browser has  stopped loading everything on the page ? I've noticed (that's when I'm paying attention only) when it happens to me; It's usually because I haven't waited for all the page elements to finish loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it's finished loading. it happens every browser restart. close your browser and try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, and i hope i've not spoken too soon... but so far have never got the 404. Perhaps, my way of using the forums is different... <shrug> But now, fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce this when starting from a closed browser.

Launch the browser

Paste in the thread URL http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419097?tstart=0

Click on Last Post

As I think I guessed at earlier (http://forums.adobe.com/message/1966062#1966062), the URL is wrong. It has a session ID stuffed into the middle of it:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/;jsessionid=9CA9F9E8A52227FB69FD7DC1CCC74E16.node02007359?tstart=0

The correct URL should be http://forums.adobe.com/message/2007359?tstart=0#2007359

I will escalate this one again.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning, when I absent-mindedly clicked on a "last post" link after firing up the browser  —  I didn't get the 404 error!

Has it been fixed at last?  

And how about a progress report ?

I keep looking in this forum's FAQ but there's nothing new there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. still happening.

It’s similar, but different john. Maybe it’s a glitch in the Matrix. New pattern, new problems. Fine, I’ll just shut up then  ;^)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still happening.

For me, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmmmm........ not me. Workie just fine. Maybe it is possessed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got some 404s without the usual green favicons, something has changed.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one browser window that showed me as not being logged in.

I clicked on a "last post" link and got the 404 with the green/white icon.

I then clicked the "back" button, refreshed the page, clicked on the "last post" link again and I was good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted my computer, launched a browser, went to 'last post' - because I keep forgetting about this problem - got the usual 404, did a refresh. Same as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change; still getting it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried again this morning.

Cold start for computer – start Firefox – go to bookmarked PS Windows page – click on "Last Post" – no error!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The green favicons are back, Jive is consistent in it's inconsistency.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeForumsError404.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure am getting tired of these 404 errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too ... got them again today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found this down on page 4... lest anyone forget, yes. this is STILL a daily occurance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

... yes. this is STILL a daily occurance.

Dave,

Strange... but touch wood... has never happened to me yet. <shrug> Posted my workflow – or should one call it view/read flow – in a thread... As i said then (and maybe in other posts as well), the slowness, the posts vanishing, the login problems, etc., etc., all happen... but 404... no.

System: XP SP3

Browser: FF. Used to be the latest update/upgrade then, now on 3.0.11 and 3.5.

No scripts, CSS tweaks or hacks running vis-a-vis these forums. Only have various FF add-ons.

Cheers,

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only happens on restarts jay.do you have an adobe forum set to open on startup? that's one thing.if not, add this forum's opening page to your "home" bookmarks so that it opens in a new tab every time you restart the browser (or hit the "Home" icon): http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

make sure you're logged in (so you don't get bit by the logout bug). close down firefox. make SURE it's closed (task mgr). restart firefox. in the "Last Post" column, click on any message's  last post timestamp, as shown:

1.jpg

bang 404 error, and favicon is some wierd green blobby thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, repeating workflow:

1. Open FF... type ad.. drop down highlights adobeforums.com (sometimes i type it all in).

2. If i need to, login, else open forums i want in new tabs.

3. Go to Forums (opened) in the tabs, scroll through topics that interest me and open in (mutiple) new tabs. (This could be one forums or several forums but usually one.)

4. Read through and answer as appropriate. Close windows/tabs as i finish.

Aside: Often / usually / use the "Last post" link... and then scroll... sometimes just scroll (usually for shorter threads).

5. Refresh the forum to update on any new topics while i was reading and answering the others.

6. Move on to new forum...

Hope the above is of some help.404? To date – not got it.

Note: I do not use links / favourites / etc.

What i regret and miss are:

1/ The speed of the earlier forums

2/ The ability to go to the last read message... whether it was a day or a year ago

3/ The ease of posting

4/ Most important: The far more relaxed ambience

5/ The NNTP...

"When will they ever learn...."

Cheers!

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

type ad.. drop down highlights adobeforums.com (sometimes i type it all in).

the bug only seems to happen in a home bookmarked page 1st time in, as i said. i know how to avoid it. i'm just reporting it as still not fixed.

What i regret and miss are:

yes. me too. but this thread is about the 404 errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines