• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Additional attachment types that should be allowed

Advocate ,
Apr 05, 2009 Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that some of my attachmnts from an email message didn't arrive but were silently dropped. I don't think silently dropping them is a very good policy, because people will attach harmless documents like install.log to a message and refer to that attachment. That is bound to add a lot of confusion.

Apart from changing the silent dropping olicy, can you allow the following file types:

.log

.wsdl

.ico

.as

.mxml

.cfm

.cfc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that attaching .zip and .sitx files is not supported either. I just tried to attach one and got  "The content type of this attachment is not allowed."

Also I had a hard time finding this "Forum Support" link. It should be more prominent.

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the Reply box:

Max Size: 5.0 MB , File types allowed: .pdf, .ai, .eps, .ps, .bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .jpe, .tiff, .tif, .png, .html, .htm, .asc, .txt, .text, .rtx, .xml, .xsl, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpe, .qt, .mov, .swf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The idea behind my post was that if compressed file archives become allowed, then we can in essence post any type of file by compressing it. So when we are trying to help some one in say the InDesign forum (or some other forum), we can say "please attach your file in a compressed  format so that we can take a look at what may be wrong."

Don't you agree that would be a very useful improvement to these new forums? Some file size limit does seem reasonable.

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you agree that would be a very useful improvement to these new forums? Some file size limit does seem reasonable.

No, I don't.  Usually problem files are huge, and they can be easily transported via yousendit.com.  We routinely use that in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, just looking in the Photoshop presets folder there are: abr; acb; aco; act; acv; ado; ahu; alv; asl; atn; blw; cha; csh; dae; eap; exv; grd; irs; p3l; p3m; p3r; pat; shc; tpl; zvt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wav and mp3 files not allowed either...

http://milbut.org/112_fckdup.mp3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines