• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t install CS5

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a new PC and I’m trying to install my CS5 on it. I already chatted with support and they pointed me here which is very strange due to my issue. I originally purchased a CS2 bundle pack which included Photoshop 6.0 with a CS2 upgrade several years ago. When CS5 was released, I purchased the upgrade version of that. I went in order of installing all of the same programs, but when I get to CS5 it asks for a serial key for one of 3 versions I do not own and never have. I had this same problem last year when I installed on a laptop and support was very easy to deal with and helped me with my problem in short amount of time. Can anyone please tell me what my options are? I was using this program almost every day, and for what I use it for, CC is way out of my price range and not worth it for what I need. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, not the link to Adobe support
-other users here can't help with that specific problem
-please click the link below to contact Adobe staff to help
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am aware, and why I said it was odd that I was sent to the public forum. I was told to do that by an Adobe customer service representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then that was a very misinformed CSR. Try again with a new representative, and if they once more point you to here, ask them to escalate to someone who knows what they're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cass,

To elaborate a little, you should tell them very clearly that you have a direct upgrade from CS2 to CS5.

It may make things easier if you have registered both with Adobe.

If you have, you should be able to find the registration keys under My Products, using your (then) Adobe ID here:

https://accounts.adobe.com/products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand the problem, you are prompted for a serial number from a qualifying product.  But the choices don't include CS2.  Is that the gist of it?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, exactly! I contacted customer service again this morning and was escalated twice. The last person I spoke to told me I should receive a solution within 48 hours. We will see I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines