• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choosing a pdf version

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I convert a Word doc into an earlier version of pdf - eg 1.3?    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is only to discuss how the forums operate, not products

If you go to the Forums Index http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

You will be able to select a forum for the Acrobat version you have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - thanks for link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lisa Marya,

If you cannot do it through Word, I am afraid you will have to do it in Acrobat.

If you have Acrobat, you may use File>Print>Acrobat Distiller, then select Properties>Adobe PDF Settings, then Edit Conversion Settings and select Acrobat 4.0 (PDF 1.3). Or something like that in your version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you for your help. I'm dismayed that I'd have to buy Acrobat, despite having paid a monthly sub.

But I'll leave this forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just curious: why would anybody want to/need an older PDF version than the newest (1.7)?  Are there really people out there who use software that cannot read PDF 1.7?

When I create a PDF (e.g. with Acrobat), the default format is always something terrible old, like 1.3, and I have to manually change it to 1.7 (because I know that none of the recipients use Acrobat Reader 4.0).

My suggestion: ask in the CreatePDF forum what the default output format is.  I bet it's something old like 1.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, Pat. Publisher Lulu requires earlier version for their printers, "preferably 1.3".!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you send anything to Lulu, you might want to read THIS.

P.S. I am not trying to sell you on anything, and I represent no other company. I am just passing along a warning from a friend who feels she was (and is) getting ripped off by them.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your help.

[email address removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines