• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contributor points fouled up

Community Expert ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was rolling over my profile and noticed 8600 points, then I rolled over the other leaders in the After Effects forum and noticed that they also had 8600 points. Then I rolled over a post by someone that just joined the group and has only 1 post. He also has 8600 points. I think the points system is broken....

OSX 10.9.2

Safari 7.0.3

Chrome, Firefox, Firefox Nightly...

Any user, any forum, 8600 points. I think this feature got broken....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, I made a minor edit (typo) and had to try saving the edited reply three times before the edit appeared.

Garbage, Jive is garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

Incidentally, I made a minor edit (typo) and had to try saving the edited reply three times before the edit appeared.

Garbage, Jive is garbage.

It certainly is not one of my favorites. I think Adobe has a financial interest in jive. It is the only place I have seen it. But I could be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Silkrooster, Apple uses Jive too, and I recently posted in this very forum about another recent coup that Jive scored:

Cisco Drops WebEx Social For Jive   CISCO is a huge catch for Jive.

They are at many other corporations too, such as GE Health Care, McAffee, Prudential, Rico, Hitachi, etc.  For the complete advertised list, check here:

http://www.jivesoftware.com/why-jive/customers/#view=list

What Adobe does have an interest in is that BB program or programming app that they initially tried to run some or part of the Adobe site on, and whose name escapes me at the moment (ColdFusion or something like that?), that they bought along with Macromedia, the worst financial blunder Adobe has ever committed.  It was after the Macromedia merger that Adobe's corporate culture collapsed and the Macromedia bureaucracy took over.

After this exchange with that Lieve Weymeis AKA Lilybiri aka Lilybiri/mytaxsiteuk or whatever her user ID is, I have very little appetite to hang around much longer,

Real name instead of Screen name displayed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've submitted all the feedback that has been noted in this thread- locking it now as it is getting very off topic and nearing violation of some key forum guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user replied to me saying "That is the information I needed", then went ahead and marked her own abswer as "correct", giving herself the points.

This is not possible. A user asking the question cannot award himself or herself the points for correct answer. If it was possoble then I would agree with you that the forums are a complete shambles but the fact of the matter is, you can't award the points to yourself. IMPOSSIBLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite.co.uk wrote:

If it was possoble then I would agree with you that the forums are a complete shambles but the fact of the matter is, you can't award the points to yourself.  IMPOSSIBLE.

Yes, the forums are a complete shambles, and so is the ridiculous "MVP" tag bestowed on some of you people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

Here's further proof that the points system is sheer nonsense.

A user replied to me saying "That is the information I needed", then went ahead and marked her own answer as "correct", giving herself the points.

What kind of messed up system allows that?

This is true. I have seen threads marked correct, that had no responses. The check box for correct answer should be disabled until there is at least one post from another member of the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines