• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Favorite Forums

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2009 Apr 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if there were a place in "Your stuff" that listed all of the forums you visit regularly. Clicking on "Browse forums" brings up an unwieldy list each time. And the History link is too short. Perhaps a way to "pin" forums in the bottom half of the history list would be the best way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The browser threaded view doesn't do much, but if they get the email system working correctly, it will be a real plus for those of us who take advantage of threaded views.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but it's likely to cause much confusion for people who don't. I think someone is trying to cater for different groups, fine, but not doing it very well. The return of NNTP for those who like it might be best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Yes, but it's likely to cause much confusion for people who don't.

Why? In the old systems there was no visible indication that the reply was going to post to the original post.

I guess I could live with the old system of having both the Reply link in each message (as this system has) plus a reply box at the bottom that goes to the original. The problem is that - at least in the WebX forums, almost nobody used the reply link. The topics in some of the WebX forums were essentially chat rooms with little or no quoting. The FuseTalk forums had both options, too, but at least a few more people used the reply button.

The return of NNTP for those who like it might be best.

Indeed! But they might get a decent email system going before they ever think about putting NNTP back. At least, that seems to be the current focus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usually, the reason for having both a reply button and a quick reply function is so that you can use the quick reply if you only want to add some text and you can use the reply button to get all the functionality including an interface for linking/quoting/etc which you'd have to do manually with tags in quick reply but i don't know if the jive forums support something like this as threaded view tends to make it impossible to have a quick reply function

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, actually I'm happy with the new forums. I avoided the old ones because the navigation seemed so chaotic and the threads were difficult to read.

Anyway, back to the thread topic. Pinned forums in the history or favorites in the "Your stuff" would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

buraihan wrote:

Well, actually I'm happy with the new forums. I avoided the old ones because the navigation seemed so chaotic and the threads were difficult to read.

Anyway, back to the thread topic. Pinned forums in the history or favorites in the "Your stuff" would be great.

Are you serious?  You really thought the old forum was hard to navigate?  The threads were difficult to read?  How so??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the indented links for threads. The way that the the posts in a thread would get collapsed down and hidden, so you'd have to expand the thread each time, etc.

Also, the worst thing about them, is how unconstructive they are. Everyone that wants to vent about Adobe comes here to do so, which makes browsing them frustrating. Better if people would just share their problems and tips.

Anyway, lets stay on topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the old Macromedia forums? I think most people there gave up and used newsreaders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you can set up some kind of home page with your favourite forums listed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. How do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

buraihan wrote:

Great. How do you do that?

See reply #2 here

Re: Tip: How to setup a decent working environment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I misunderstand the problem of navigating to Favorite Forums.  But why not just bookmark the forum you want to visit, click and you are there?

No navigation problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I misunderstand the problem of navigating to Favorite Forums.  But why not just bookmark the forum you want to visit, click and you are there?

The old method required one bookmark. Back from the Illustrator Mac forum would be one keystroke to the Message Centre where I had access to all my favourite forums.

Your suggestion (which is sadly the only solution) would require over a dozen bookmarks and  a trip to the bookmark bar, and likely through a submenu whenever I wanted to switch forums, rather that one simple keystroke.

[Edit: Profanity removed]

and proof that Adobe does not care one gram about their users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have that here too, go to the main forums page, select the Your View tab, click on personalize and drag in some Recent Discusions widgets and set them to show the forums that you're interested in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only seem to be able to bookmark recent discussion, not any discussion or any forum.

Edit: Nope, can't do a damn thing on that page. Dragging does not affect home page, it's just like dragging any link in Safari.

As I said,

[Edit: Profanity removed.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines