• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum changes

Community Expert ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, there's good progress in not being forced to sign in every time, but there's some way to go. We're missing:

1. Number of posts in a thread

2. Indication of most recent contributor to a thread

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 101 Replies 101
Advisor ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So - I'm on this page (Forum Changes thread) in IE11 and in order to contribute a post need to sign in.  When I click on "Sign In" I get the Join the Adobe Community page and the round segmented timer whizzes round, and after 6 or 7 seconds I am dumped back on this page (Forum Changes thread) not signed in.

I have tried adding Adobe.Com to the Compatibility view sites but that made no difference.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nickna12 wrote:

So - I'm on this page (Forum Changes thread) in IE11 and in order to contribute a post need to sign in.  When I click on "Sign In" I get the Join the Adobe Community page and the round segmented timer whizzes round, and after 6 or 7 seconds I am dumped back on this page (Forum Changes thread) not signed in.

I have tried adding Adobe.Com to the Compatibility view sites but that made no difference.  Any ideas?

So how did you make the above post?  You are the third person, including myself, unable to sign in from IE11.  I had to switch to Firefox with the last forum revamp, so that's what I am still using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...through the wonder of Firefox.  I have to say that just now I had trouble getting signed in at all using any browswer- I was able to sign in after a computer reboot (for some reason).

I do wonder if I wound back my IE to version 10 would I then be able to sign in.

My experience has led me to have no confidence in the signing process.  It seems flaky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...incidentally - on sign in not working with my installation of IE11, I tried going back to IE10 but it didn't help.  I have no idea what the problem is. I simply cannot sign in using internet explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nickna12 wrote:

I can't sign in with Internet Explorer 11 - fine with Firefox and Chrome, no go with Internet Explorer 11.  Any one else seeing this?

Well! First time I have signed in few days. (Duties as a Community Moderator on Microsoft Answers Forums has taken up some recent time.

I can't believe it I was actually already signed in. Finally after two years of gnashing of teeth for about two years.  The finally figured out the sign in issue.

So far I am liking what I am seeing.  Although I'll have to go exploring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

john beardsworth wrote:

OK, there's good progress in not being forced to sign in every time, but there's some way to go. We're missing:

1. Number of posts in a thread

2. Indication of most recent contributor to a thread

I would add : "Mark forum read".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who designed this latest monstrosity?  The layout is beyond amateurish and you need a magnifying glass to read anything.  I don't think Adobe could have done a worse job!  Its embarrassing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StumpyBloke wrote:

...I don't think Adobe could have done a worse job!  Its embarrassing!

you don't think? wait till next "upgrade"...they're very consistent, next upgrade will be worst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  Just look at that wasted column on the left side of each page.  That is pure design genious!

No crumbs at the bottom of a page to return to the first page.

Too much wasted space between discussion titles.

Font cannot be adjusted.

Etc, etc, etc ad nauseam!

SNAFU of the first order.

Forgot a major one:  The response is VERY slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the old forum, there used to be a way to call up a list of discussions I had participated in, so I could check to see if all of these discussions had been concluded, or if there were new comments that required answers. I see no way to find this list of discussions I had participated in any more.

In the old forum, there used to be a history of FORUMs I had participated in while my browser remained open. I see no such way to find this list of FORUMs any more.

The camera icon is greyed out, I cannot attach/include a picture to my posts any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige wrote: In the old forum, there used to be a way to call up a list of discussions I had participated in, so I could check to see if all of these discussions had been concluded, or if there were new comments that required answers.

It's buried:

1. Click the person icon in the upper-right (hovering over it will show your name, in case you don't have a personal photo in your profile).
  2. Click View Profile.
  3. Click Content > Discussions to see threads you've started or replied to.
  4. Click Authored, Participated, or Following in the left column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you are correct John. As I said, in another JIVE forum that I use, as it was in the old forum, its one mouse click, are you listening, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige wrote:

Well, you are correct John. As I said, in another JIVE forum that I use, as it was in the old forum, its one mouse click, are you listening, Adobe?

Of course they are listening.  They are probably listening at the same level as when comments were solicited regarding the New and Improved forum (the Jive version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is how it is - Adobe committed to buying SBS7 out-of-the-box, bugs and all (and since '7 is new, it's riddled with them). No customization like last time or Jive won't support it.

Many of us will find it too much hassle to do routine tasks, and decide our time is better spent elsewhere - but asking for SBS4.5 back is just ** into the wind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Merchant

Thank you for your insights into the consequences of this recent major update for the Adobe Forums.

The important considerations are for the communications between the person posting the thread and those trying to respond to keep it. There are major concerns there.

But, as an aside, how does one go about sending a private message in this new environment. I have attempted to send a private message to one of the moderators and am told that it cannot be sent because I am not connected to this person. What does that all mean when I am indeed signed into the Forums?

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life happens through your 'Inbox' in SBS7 - not just PMs but 'activity' on everything you do. Every post you make subscribes you to that topic, so you'll be notified in your Inbox when anyone replies (yeah, that is as bad as it sounds). You cannot turn that feature off, but you can disable emails being sent for every new item.

PMs are restricted to stop spam. Jive expect you to 'follow' people before talking to them - think of the place as a Facebook clone. The 'S' in SBS is "Social", and the forums part of the software is just a backwater in this version. Adobe have turned off the main elements but if you ever visit a full-fat instance of SBS7 you'll see it's basically an enterprise hub for your social media activity and collaboration on company projects. It's not designed as a public-facing website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Merchant wrote:

It is how it is - Adobe committed to buying SBS7 out-of-the-box, bugs and all (and since '7 is new, it's riddled with them). No customization like last time or Jive won't support it.

Many of us will find it too much hassle to do routine tasks, and decide our time is better spent elsewhere - but asking for SBS4.5 back is just ** into the wind.

Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately, I think this speaks volumes about the value Adobe places of these forums.

And as far as SBS4.5 (whatever that is) I was thinking more along the lines of Global Crossing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to get a full editor on an iPad now.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This software is the most terrible thing I have seen since the BBS era. Almost nothing to save. Did anybody test it before making the decision to switch to this pitiful piece of code? Please Adobe "upgrade" to the old version asap and consider banning any tool bearing the name "Jive".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to the "personalized view"? I worked hard on creating an easy-to-use list of the forums I like to frequent... Is this feature gone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's gone.

Gilad D (try67) wrote:

What happened to the "personalized view"? I worked hard on creating an easy-to-use list of the forums I like to frequent... Is this feature gone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing a lot of the same types of complaints as we had when we went to Jive several years back. There were some new features and some that were lost. Some just seem to be hidden or relocated (something programmers seem to like to do to waste folks time). I assume my bookmarks got removed and I will have to start over (I found no place to go to my bookmarks). It looks like file uploads is finally back, though as an upload rather than as an attachment. My link history for anchors is still in the system. I think a lot may just be an issue of finding the itemshttp://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html. Just for the heck of it, I tried bold, italic and underline, but the button did not reliably toggle. So I got the last sentence very messed up.

I assume that such things are some of the many bugs mentioned in this new software. I am hoping I will find all the same things I am used to and that the bugs will be fixed.

I noticed that the back button often has to be pushed a second time (or alt-larrow in Windows).

The forums seem to automatically put you in the e-mail mode. Need to go find how to turn that off now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still exploring the new interface, it has definitely some nice improvements. One big issue is it's really slow! Do you feel the same way?

I'm using a core i3 with 8Gb of RAM, and didn't experience a slow forum like that since the 56K era . But I guess (and hope) it will get better in a few days.

Also there is no preview option anymore before sending a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest thing that I am missing an indication of whether or not I have read a thread. Just makes it very difficult to figure out where I need to spend my valuable time helping users.

I also have still not figured out the email forwarding interface. We need some kind of a tutorial or instruction page on how to set that up because I can't afford unwanted emails in my inbox. I am already digging through 2 to 300 per day in the course of running my business. I would like the ability to temporary follow a single thread however.

There are some improvements in the mobile interface, but things still aren't really easy on a tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick Gerard wrote: The biggest thing that I am missing an indication of whether or not I have read a thread.

If you click on the Discussions tab, threads with unread content are in bold (as before):

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines