Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total chaos over logging-in, being logged-out, round and round :(

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 15, 2009 Feb 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the theory is, you make the link now between your identities on both sides of the forums. I *think* nothing is supposed to happen as a result of that, not yet. After the merger, your Adobe ID will show up as author of your previous posts over here. I think. And you'll be able to change your screen name, which you can't currently do for your Adobe ID, and that should ripple back through your previous posts. I think.

I'm not at all sure that the linking process has anything to do with the nonsense we've been seeing over repeated log-in being required the last couple of days. 'Browser session cookie' doesn't really cover it, as multiple attempts can be required during one session. That is, you manage to log in, you write a post, you get logged out. That's not a new session. And being able to post as a guest is just plain weird, especially as the post appears with your regular screen name attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree about star ratings and points. Totally unnecessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so if the accounts are combined why does it show I've only made 453 posts. That does not seem combined to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they are combined yet. They are just ready to be combined, now you've made the connection. I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the feeling that the people having logging in problems this time are the same people who had them last time things were changed - am I right? As far as I am aware, the problem only affects a handful of users, and a very significant proportion are not reporting any difficulties. So it would seem to be related to your local setups - not that that actually represents a solution, I realise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the same problem struck a number of people at the same time because ... ? And if my set-up hasn't changed, it's the fault of my set-up because... ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>it's the fault of my set-up because...

you need a pc, not that macintoy thing... :P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure they changed something at this end rather than at yours, Kath, but there's something (what??) about the way your computer and those of the others having trouble is set up that gives problems when Adobe make these changes. And there's something about mine and most users' (what?) that gives no problem at all - so far! I'm chiefly dispelling the impression that some may have that the whole system has gone the shape of a pear for all users. It's a problem but not a global disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>It's a problem but not a global disaster.

Well, not yet anyway. B)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over here http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7ecca/24 I mention that I think the problem is that cookies were corrupted by whatever was done on Friday... since my work computer that was off from Friday afternoon until this morning has no problems at all

I am hoping that deleting all cookies when I get home and starting with a fresh login will fix the problems on that computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the time being, at least, cookies are set to expire as soon as you close your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stayed logged in after an overnight shut-down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I've noticed that I have to login all the time what PITA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm staying logged in now at 3 machines in 2 locations, after overnight or other shut-downs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the sign then went to screen to select an account then choose my account and Ticked remember me I did.

what is it about doing theses change over that screws up cookies!!!

This has got to stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tell 'em PJ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this Morning I clicked on a link from my laptop which I haven't used in two week had in shop to check PRAM Battery.

Having a problem with Window Positions and styles not being remembered in finder after installing MissingSync.

Anyway. Went right in without having to sign up.

If they fixed the Cookie situation I'd like to give'm a Bear Hug :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, cookies are not "fixed"

If you loged in recently, your cookie was rewritten from permanent to session... so you have to log in every time... this happened to me at home

Here at work, where my computer was off over the weekend, my cookies did not hit the "golden window" and I am good to go without a login... or, when I "linked" my ID according to the new rules from home (and cookies were reset) here at work where I of course use the same login ID the cookies were not reset

Anyway... this will all HOPEFULLY sort itself out in April with the new forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pjones,
>Anyway. Went right in without having to sign up.

Watch out. You must have missed the window. Now you may be totally shut out when the changeover happens. :|

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oddly enough, my work machine's firefox install goes right in without having to log in again. hmm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe because here my 1st page in is the ps win forum and at home it's the ps lounge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramon, Naw I just come in on this machine after the fixed the cookie screwup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>oddly enough, my work machine's firefox install goes right in without having to log in again.

Same here. I haven't experienced any issues from work.

> maybe because here my 1st page in is the ps win forum and at home it's the ps lounge?

I think you're on to something. From work I normally go to the Acrobat forums and a few others before hitting the lounge. It's the opposite at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha! Hasn't it been the case for some time that you don't even see the Lounge link from the PS forums unless you're logged in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lounge is no access for guests, so a link to it would not be visible unless you are logged in. And if you try to go directly there, the software will ask for credentials before it'll let you in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines