• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upgrade?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2009 Sep 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Photoshop CS2 and PageMaker 7 on a XP machine. I plan on buying a new Windows 7 machine and putting the old machine out of its misery. My plan is to upgrade to the "Creative Suite 4 Design Standard." The question is, will I be able to install the Suite onto the new machine with out first installing the older software? Would really like a clean install of all the new programs and not have any of the old ever set foot on the new system. Any comments on this??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when buying a Creative Suite, are the 64 and 32 bit Windows versions sold separately or together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2009 Sep 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kheinrichs wrote:

Also, when buying a Creative Suite, are the 64 and 32 bit Windows versions sold separately or together?

No one reads Post #1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kheinrichs wrote:

I am currently using Photoshop CS2 and PageMaker 7 on a XP machine. I plan on buying a new Windows 7 machine and putting the old machine out of its misery. My plan is to upgrade to the "Creative Suite 4 Design Standard." The question is, will I be able to install the Suite onto the new machine with out first installing the older software? Would really like a clean install of all the new programs and not have any of the old ever set foot on the new system. Any comments on this??

You can't upgrade from what you have to a Creative Suite. You have to buy the full version of the suite and install it fron scratch, so you don't need the older software installed.

Please ask any further questions in the appropriate suite forum here: Creative Suite forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure? I thought that, for Photoshop only, you could upgrade from a standalone to the suite - in fact I have a CS2 Design Suite which is a valid upgrade from Photoshop 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right!

I was thinking of the reverse – suite to standalone product. 

I think my second statement, about not needing to install, stands though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, as far as I know - you need the previous serial number of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has allowed upgrades from Photoshop to the CS Suite since it was introduced. They now allow many other single products as well. Photoshop CS2 can be upgraded to the suite. You do not need to install the older version.

Upgrade.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all for your input. My current system is on its last leg and I'm really having a hard time waiting til Windows 7 comes out so I can get started building a new system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines