Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the forum search broken?

Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to search in the InDesign Scripting forums the search returns 0 results. Same for the other InDesign Forums.

Here is an example:

http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=javascript&resultTypes=MESSAGE&dateRange=all&communityID=3331

When I search in all forums lots of results for the same term shows up from the InDesign forums.

What is wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Happy days are here again.
The subforum search is working!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this instead:

BatteringRam1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a portable rugged rubber baby bumper to me, but what do I know?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally a practical suggstion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its working now - thanks to Adobe for fixing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That is good news. I had not even bothered to look.

Thanks for the H/U.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2011 Jul 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its working now

Not entirely.  For whatever asinine reason, we cannot limit the initial Search to a specific forum, so search results show up for every forum that has that term.  We have to go into "More Options" in order to limit the search to a specific forum.

That part seems to always return zero results (despite results for the desired forum showing up in the initial global search).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - problem confirmed. I guess I was too quick in my original assessment - dang!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2011 Jul 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the Framemaker forum search is still broke. This is simpy unbelievable.

This is supposed to be proffessional Software intended for proffessional users. The fact that Adobe needs four months to provide a working user forum does not increase their credibility as a software developing company..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2011 Jul 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robert-sfl wrote:

It seems that the Framemaker forum search is still broke. This is simpy unbelievable.

This is supposed to be proffessional Software intended for proffessional users. The fact that Adobe needs four months to provide a working user forum does not increase their credibility as a software developing company..

It's not their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

It's not their software.

But it is their decision to pay someone else to use THEIR software.  Not that it's all THAT bad, but persistent forum problems do make Adobe look bad.

If it was *my* web site I could have taught my 88 year old mother-in-law programming and had her fix it in as long as some of these quirks have been around.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2011 Jul 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the Jive website and see that Adobe is evidently several major versions behind.

https://community.jivesoftware.com/message/718508#718508

Would an upgrade fix the problem? What can we do to encourage Adobe to upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2011 Jul 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See #4 here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/875724?tstart=0

No date, but an upgrade is promised

PS - that link to Jive's forum shows Jive 4.5.3

Hopefully, Adobe's upgrade will BE to that latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every month or so when I need to check something in the forums, I still run into the stupid completely-broken forum search.

Since there is no demonstration that Adobe can do anything about it, and will apparently never fix the search/never upgrade their forum software, then Adobe should remove the "search this forum" box from the web page and live with the well-deserved universal complaints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum software is scheduled to be updated by two major versions next month, and it's my impression that it is in testing now. So let's hold off judgement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2011 Aug 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>hold off judgement

Hi, sorry but a company producing software products that require

intensive user care and that is not able/willing to repair their forum

search engine for half a year does deserve judgement over this in my

opinion. I repeatingly lost time using google with limited success, or

simply not being able to research problems in the forum at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2011 Aug 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not upgrading the software driving these forums in two and a half years is a very bad signal from a company such as Adobe that is constantly urging users to update/grade their products. However, they are going to upgrade it in the very near future, so I would think that, at this time, it is only fair to wait for the outcome of this upgrade instead of continuing repeating complaints that many of us have been posting since the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum search seems to be fixed now.

http://forumsearch.comyr.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Marian.

Just to clarify - *this* forum's search is still as broken as ever, but the alternative forum search works quite well - bookmark it!

Cheers,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy days are here again.
The subforum search is working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the current Forum search is broken. I don't even know anymore, how to use search on this forum. The search field will NOT clear when hitting the "X" on the right. I cannot navigate back to the last URL when I finish the search. Search on Adobe Forum is broken and has been for about 6 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines