• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last Night - The World Changed

LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, did the Poles flip, and I missed it? Was there an alignment of some planets, or something?

I will not bore you with Adobe I.D. changes, or missing Log-Out buttons, as they have been covered in other threads.

With those "changes" elsewhere, I have observed two oddities with the new, maintained forum. While typing, hard returns will be added at random. Also, the Block Quote works seldom, and one often has to try it several times, with deletions and pastes.

During the course of last night (11-16-09) I also lost all but one Adobe registration - about 20+ going back decades. I assume that they are still around, though do not know where. Check yours. Are they all still in place? Filed a case with Adobe, and I expect all to be found. Still, something to worry about, if one had some issue. Check this out on your profile.

Good luck, and hope that things sort completely and settle down.

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2009 Nov 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

(you'll need to remeber you username and password.)

Oh, I don't think that will be a problem for anyone using this Jiveware for the last few months--how could you forget when you have to use it hourly/daily?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you keep all the old adobe and adobe forum Cookies the sign in problems will remain.

In order to get rid of them properly you have sign out of adobe com first the adobe forums go to another page such as you home page. Then locate all the cookies associate with Adobe forums and Abobe.com. Delete them all (you'll need to remeber you username and password.) Type them in and check remember me. Then sign in. Now go back back to Cookie Manager and look at the dates. If some are set for 2039 you shouldn't have anymore sign in problems.

Thanks Phillip; giving it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the sign out problems at just any minute problem until I did s

o.

I'm not just relying on information as of recent here. They had similar problem with cookies back in the WebX days after one of the failed attempts to merge the Macromedia and adobe forums. The only cure then was delete all Adobe cookies and start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kami,

It seems to have been somewhat fixed. Some people are reporting not getting logged out;

Several users in a few product fora report not being logged-out. So far, all have been in the Souther Hemisphere. Do not know what that means. It is just an observation on my part.

To date, my log-ins have been about 3x as long. I had the times down, and was ready, but now things have changed. When I get logged-out on this account, my "other" account gets logged-in automatically. I have to exit, then use another browser window to go to www.adobe.com, log-in, and then navigate to the fora.

At least I know what the drill is, so it isn't as bad as the lack of the camera icon, the automatic line-breaks and the fact that Block Quotes works about 1:3, and sometimes takes 5-6 times, to take.

Just observations,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury,

Is this specific to a single browser?

For me, it's IE 7.5. That is the only browser on the laptop. Now, I do have others on the workstation to test Dreamweaver, but have not used those. That's my work machine, along with its "little-brother." The laptop is my forum machine.

I've deleted cookies, cleaned the cache, and removed all Temp Internet files many times. Nothing has improved anything with these fora, to date.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still too afraid to test the logout, but I can say that Chrome seems to work just the same as ever with this stupid buggy text box, and the jiveboards in general.  (Which is rather impressive.)

In fact Chrome seems to work better than most browsers on almost all websites, now that I think about it. w00t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because Chrome is trying embrace Javascript while the others are trying to get away from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. that's misinformation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. Just what I've been reading.

I'd love to try Chrome but a Mac version won't be cout for another 2-3 months or more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

We PC-guys do really try to embrace and help our Mac-brothers, but then sometimes we are just incapable. It is not that we don't want the world to be kind, smooth and for all of us to , "just get along," but sometimes, the deck is stacked against us.

As things (Mac and PC) get closer together, we'll one day be able to purchase, or install, software, that will work, regardless of the platform.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't have to do with PC Users.

It just us Mac people always get the short end of the stick as far as software goes.

For example Acrobat Mac doesn't have near the features as the PC version (example: xml based PDF's a PC only Feature). MS Office same thing, When word and Excel came out the feature set was identical and even Word95 and word 6.0.1a if you covered up the computers so you could see the Logos of the Manufacturers you would have though you were looking at indentical copies of the program.

Funny thing many of the applications we get shorted on started out on Mac. Because Mac Folk are willing to try out cutting edge technology. Example: Acrobat started out on Mac three years before the PC version started. MS-Works was knock-off of Appleworks a program originally designed the Apple II computers. FaxSTF  (a faxing Program) originated on Mac then MS bought it and promptly killed the Mac version. The Original version of Lotus 1-2-3 was based on the Database Part of Appleworks. Then MS come out with Excel and Lotus quit  the Lotus 1-2-3 Database Program for at least Mac and Possibly for PC. FileMaker started out as a division of Apple, then was spun off, and while still the number one Relational Database for Mac, there is a biger group of Users on PC side.

We have just learned to grin and bear it and take it like the tougher people we are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

I hear you. Recently, a Mac PrPro CS4 user posted on the included Transitions and Effects, that seem to be missing from the Mac version, but included in the PC version. At first, I was incredulous. We all researched, and sure enough, there were many, that were missing from the Mac version. This was a surprise to me.

Going back many years, there were all sorts of Mac-only plug-ins for PS. Some of my designer clients laughed, when I could not get a PC version. Maybe some things are changing. From my perspective, I hope not, as both platforms are valid. I would have expected that each would move closer, rather than finding such differences. Why? I have no clue.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - even though those Mac-only clients laughed, and even thought that any image that was ever worled on, on a PC was evil, I seldom even let on which platform I was using. They would confide that they were so glad that I had moved to a Mac. I never let on, and delivered the files on a Mac SyQuest disk, and they never knew. All image files worked perfectly - no juju, no gris-gris, no evil. They just never knew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No wonder the mac gods are in such disarray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

both platforms are valid.

If the Mac created AVI and WAV files, if it could read and write to the NTFS file system, if all the assets used on a Mac were also usable on a PC without needing to install Mac-centric software or plug-ins, then I might agree.  But that is not the case.  Macs do things differently, and those differences throw monkey wrenches into workflows.

Macs are a problem, not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 25, 2009 Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JSS1138 wrote:

both platforms are valid.

If the Mac created AVI and WAV files, if it could read and write to the NTFS file system, if all the assets used on a Mac were also usable on a PC without needing to install Mac-centric software or plug-ins, then I might agree.  But that is not the case.  Macs do things differently, and those differences throw monkey wrenches into workflows.

Macs are a problem, not a solution.

Macs can Read  and write AVI Files, and in fact with Quickitime read and write wav Files. The same is true with PC assets were usable on a Mac and now with Pararells they can. MS could develop such to allow the Mac interface on PC Mac and PC share the same Processors

You do have it right, Macs do things differently. Same can be said for Unix, or Linux users. One advantage of the Complexity of the Mac OS is that it has kept Virus and malware creators a bay.

Just because a Platform works different Shouldn't mean anything. if a coder, developer that is worth his or her salt, they should know just as easily how to code for Mac, PC, all the Flavors of Linux, or UNIX. And all the platforms should be able to have all features equally. Therefore it shouldn't be a need to throw a wrench into things.

I started out in the days of Radio Shack Color Computer II, Apple IIc. I am using my 4th Mac. How many PC people can boast they only have had 4 PC's in the span of 37 years.  If they counted. Most would run out of fingers and toes.

This is my last post on this. We will soon be admonished for getting platform wars started. if anyone wants answer as to how I feel just read reread these last two post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There goes Phillip starting a platform war again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you will check originally  My comment

was about the lack of software or lack of the same features in both platforms.

Then we had a couple of other make comments  about

don't use them or to that affect.

I explained Why it should make any difference that both platforms should be treated equally. Have the same features from platform to Platform I don't care what anyone else wants to use PC, Mac, UNIX, Linux, BEOS, NextStep. I just think every platform should be treated equally.  There is no war going on.

Except perhaps in your own mind.  I' sure there is software on the Mac side that is better than other or not availble on other Platforms. They should be avaible to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not so sure whether I would blame the baiter or the baitee.

In any case, this incessant Mac vs. PC argument does not belong here. You are welcome to continue the argument in the Lounge, but not here. And that goes not just for ~graffiti and Phillip, but for anybody in this thread. And for all future threads as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just us Mac people always get the short end of the stick as far as software goes.

Then just don't use a Mac.  Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JSS1138 wrote:

Then just don't use a Mac.  Problem solved.

NEVER!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury,

Thanks for that info. Maybe I need to finally ditch IE?

At least I have an alternative browser.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reasonable and appropriate response above.

Hunt - "ditching" IE might be a little extreme, I still use it as a backup when I run into a site with such poor compatibility that it's needed, but it seems most non-IE users have secondary backup browsers regardless!  IE still always seems to work more reliably than any other browser (thanks to JIVE for proving to be the exception to this rule in this case, you stupid jives.)

Anyway, for anyone having major issues with this jiveware rubbish, I'd recommend a quick install of Chrome.  Saved my sanity (what's left of it) for the most part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome works. I use it as a backup

to IE8 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't use IE on this system, I'm sure it's partly due to environment, but it's just way, way, way, way too slow to be usable.  ESPECIALLY using this Jive mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the adobe website is fixed to run correctly on IE8 yet. Last time i looked Adobe was still on the MS list of Websites the needed to be changed to be in compliance. May have changed though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines