• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login every time again and again and again and again...

Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when is this going to get fixed. I wasn't even gone an hour and the actual login takes forever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lee Jay wrote:

I, too, am now able to remain logged in on XP/Firefox.

Thanks!

And now today, it's back to throwing me off every hour or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still does not stay logged in with Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evidently the cookie setup to save forever, is either not turned on , not working correctly. If you sign on during the day. It persist through the night. But if you shut computer off and then back you have to resign in.

Once again they are having cookie problems. I can't use my USER ID to sign it because it uses the wrong  account. If I use my email address then the correct User ID is used. So I will have to resign in every day to day and half.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have to re-login on Safari, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

I just don't get why Adobe keeps spending piles of money to make stuff worse, like almost every version of Illustrator after 8. This new, crappier forum is an ideal example of this.

• Slow? Check!
  • More difficult to navigate? Check!
  • Can't post images inline within message? Check!
  • Have to login every day? Check!
  • Basically unusable on an iPhone? Check!
    • Note to Adobe: Mobile devices are the faster growing market of web users. Want to alienate the future of the market? You're doing the right thing.
  • No bookmark page as before? Check!
  • Can't select text using Shift plus cursor keys? Check! Seriously. WTF?
  • Can't use browser-based dictionary? Check!
  • Handy pop-up menu to navigate to different areas NOT included on every page? Check!
  • That pop-up menu from above: Does it require clicking on a Go button after making a selection? Check!
  • Kills puppies? Not yet.
  • Alienates Adobe's greatest source of free tech support? Check!
  • Gets an F minus? Check!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kills puppies? Not yet.

not as far as YOU know... MUWAHAHAHAHAHA! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott Falkner wrote:

Me too.

I just don't get why Adobe keeps spending piles of money to make stuff worse, like almost every version of Illustrator after 8. This new, crappier forum is an ideal example of this.

• No bookmark page as before? Check!
  • Can't select text using Shift plus cursor keys? Check! Seriously. WTF?

Bookmarking pages is easily done: See the following bookmarked page, anchored on the post where I showed how:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1873965#1873965 (Incidentally, I discovered after I made that post that you can also click on the post's title, below its time & date stamp. At the example link that would be "Re: bookmarking posts? EASY!"

As for selecting text using Shift + Arrow keys (and Shift + Option + cursor keys)...I tested that too, a couple days ago. I'm using Firefox 3.0.6 and it works for me, as Buko would say. I just made a little screen-grab movie of it a little while ago. Notice I'm switching back and forth between selecting on a per-character basis as well as on a per-word basis:

http://home.comcast.net/~phosphor-digital/TextSelect/TextSelect.mov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Firefox 3.0.6

What's wrong with 3.0.8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, the bookmarking features we had before are NOT available in the new Uckfayed Upay forum. I used to be able to bookmark a specific post, a specific thread, or a specific forum area (e.g. Mac Illustrator). Not anymore. My one browser based bookmark took me to my "Message Centre" page with all bookmarked pages available.

This new forum is a total failure in almost every imaginable measure. Jesus, I can't even use my browser's spelling dictionary. All this money spent, and all it did was make we want to burn Adobe's building down... more! I keep thinking they've hit rock bottom with quality (every version of Adobe Updater and every Creative Suite installer), and I keep being wrong.

WTF are they smoking at Adobe HQ? First remove dead tree documentation, despite increasing complexity of multiple applications. Then make on-line help harder and harder to use and search. Finally take the one last-best hope for user support -- which is free for Adobe -- and make it harder for us to help people, making us much less likely to do so.

I will have to think long and hard before I fork over one more nickel to these idiots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott Falkner wrote:

I will have to think long and hard before I fork over one more nickel to these idiots.

Well said, Scott.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<golf clap@scott>

AND i had to log in again to post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no logic to it.

Stays logged in over browser and computer restarts, then cuts me off in the middle of a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't work!!! it doesn't remember me!!! it won't allow my browser to store the password!!! IT'S FRIG GIN BORKED PEOPLE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I logged in tonight (after computer had been turned off) to complain about something else (no replying via phone) I found I was still logged in.

Find out tomorrow if it sticks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon turning my computer on this morning, I find I am still logged in.

Baby steps toward usability?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Semaphoric wrote:

Upon turning my computer on this morning, I find I am still logged in.

Baby steps toward usability?

No. The whole thing is schizophrenic. I can and have not been here for two days, having completely shut down my computer in the interim, and find I am still logged in when I come back. At other times, I will be in the middle of reading a thread to which I have just replied only to find that I have suddenly been logged out.

Its just one of many problems.

At least the new forum software is correctly named; Jive. In all of that word's more negative connotations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An additional hassle with having to relogin is I use four Tabs, one for each of the  forums I tend to use. Upon logging in on one of them I get dropped back not at the place I clicked to login but at one of the other forums I have open in another tab. That is confusing and ridiculous.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get dropped back not at the place I clicked to login but at one of the other forums I have open in another tab. That is confusing and ridiculous.

I didn't want to say anything in case it was just me going nuts or something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AAAARRRGGGHH!  I let the computer go to sleep about an hour ago and now had to log in again.  Is this REALLY that difficult a problem to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently for these guys it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Basically, I think it is some sort of inactivity timer countdown, and it's pretty short--like an hour. As long as you reload a forum, any forum at least once an hour you don't have to log back in, but if you leave it too long, boom.

Plus, they may be doing stuff to the backend over there, which may invalidate all the session cookies when they reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phooey!  I left the browser opened to this forum and was logged out while i was away for a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things are going to be erratic for a while yet. Yesterday I was logged out in the middle of making a post – this morning, after an overnight shut-down, I was still logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten to a point that I'll click the account button to force a new log in if I've been gone for a period of time. I've had times when it shows logged in or not in either or both spots... and you never really know whether you truly are or not. I hope it stablizes into a predictable pattern at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously they must not have the cookie mangement software and server working correctly. Maybe they will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines