• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Private Messages

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, for the first time, I went to 'Your Stuff' - I've seen it mentioned somewhere here in a thread.

I was surprised to see that I had several Private Messages waiting. This should really be indicated somewhere more visible, i.e. as soon as I login. In fact there should be an indicator visible anywhere in the forums.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

I was surprised to see that I had several Private Messages waiting. This should really be indicated somewhere more visible, i.e. as soon as I login. In fact there should be an indicator visible anywhere in the forums.

I have almost all of the superfluous icons blocked, but there are visual indicators for having messages in your P.M. inbox, and I haven't blocked it. It's the regular icon that's supposed to show up next to the "Your Stuff" link, but it's outlined in orange. I think the "Private Messages" text in the "Your Stuff" drop-down also turns orange when you have an unread message.

Kath_H will confirm, because we sent P.M.s back and forth to test it. Don't have any screen shots of it, though.

At least that's the way it used to work, unless they changed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the "your stuff" icon/title thing turns orange or something like that when you have a private message... watch i'll send you one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2009 Apr 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you'll also get an email that you got a private message but unfortunately gmail considers it as being spam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To prevent Gmail from sending those messages to the spam folder create a new filter, from: forums@adobe.com and select "never send it to Spam".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Phos and Dav have said...

There's an orange / red outline around "Your Stuff" on the bar that says "Welcome, yourname". And in the drop down, Private Messages is also highlighted.

PS: Sorry Phos, don't know how to do that +- thingy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

PS: Sorry Phos, don't know how to do that +- thingy

Heh...no worries. "Phos±four dots" would be cumbersome in conversation or in written dialogue, so just plain ol' "Phos" works.

And, for the record:

On a Mac, hold Option & Shift, and tap the '+/=' key.

In HTML, the character entity is  ± or ±

You're on your own with Windows!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:Þ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt+0177 on the numerical keypad.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmm...

Made the effort, in Windows, Arial, ' ± '  is Alt+0177 ... which, of course, this ridiculous piece of excreta does not allow one to enter....

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't the colour of "Your Stuff" change to red when there is a message

waiting ? Mine does. Granted it's not "smack in the head" obvious but then

we're supposed to be observant computer professionals. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

...we're supposed to be observant computer professionals. LOL

What do you mean "we," Kemosabe?

You need to be observant and figure out why the heck your account keeps posting multiple instances of the same reply to threads. You are the ONLY person I've seen with this problem.

Stuff's bad enough around the forums here as it is without the clutter your anamolous account behavior is adding to the mix.

Fix it, please, or delete your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not limited to him, i've seen it happen with others as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

it's not limited to him, i've seen it happen with others as well

Well they all need to get together and figure out what they have in common.

The fact remains that it's annoying as hell, no matter what's causing it to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John is already working with the users that have this problem to get the necesary info to the jive team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phos±four dots wrote:

You need to be observant and figure out why the heck your account keeps posting multiple instances of the same reply to threads. You are the ONLY person I've seen with this problem.

It happened to a couple of my Opera email replies, too. It was defininetly out of my control - it was even auto-posting when my entire network was powered down for several hours.

They seem to have fixed that problem, but I'm having other problems with email replies today.

[Edit: added quote]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

They seem to have fixed that problem, ...

Uh oh. Did I speak too soon? S.D.A.'s posts are showing the problem again. So far, it hasn't happened to my posts from today.

Message was edited by: Mark A. Boyd

Yep. I did speak too soon. It is happening again to some of my Opera replies. I hope that is only in the testing forum, but now I need to check in at least one of the Product forums where I may have used email replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picture 1.png

’Nuff said.

Oh, and a special note to S.D.A.:  If you wanna get nasty in personal messages, be my guest. You'll just become even more of a pitiful laughingstock in my eyes. 95% of the reason I sent you the message was to get you to reply, so I could take the screen shot above. I wasn't nasty, but it looks like I didn't have to be. You're touchy enough about the multi-posts that you felt compelled to react the way you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Phos±four dots wrote:

Picture 1.png

’Nuff said.

Oh, and a special note to S.D.A.:  If you wanna get nasty in personal messages, be my guest. You'll just become even more of a pitiful laughingstock in my eyes. 95% of the reason I sent you the message was to get you to reply, so I could take the screen shot above. I wasn't nasty, but it looks like I didn't have to be. You're touchy enough about the multi-posts that you felt compelled to react the way you did.

You're quite mistaken if you think I give a damm what you think Phosphor. You seem to make it a practice to open your mouth without knowing the entire story, you silly twit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines