Copied

Hi...

Where? How?

TIA...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 20, 2010 Mar 20, 2010

seamonkeypicture004.png☜

I know this is small but notice over in the right bottom corner of this screen shot

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the system won't take any email as my Adobe ID. I have tried with real existing ones, with specially created ones, and even with fake ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to say. Adobe just wants make your life miserable.

I still believe they have a defect in the server or server software to keep up with User Names/passwords. But I am not a smart enough person to tell them look there and fix it. So best I can do is sympathize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote on 3/24/2010 1:35 PM:

I don't know what to say. Adobe just wants make your life miserable.

Yes, it is right there in the corporate goals for FY 2009: make Claudio

miserable. And 6000+ people are working diligently towards that goal.

If you don't know what to say, would you please consider saying nothing

at all? Or if you insist on baseless diatribes, please move it over to

the Lounge so we can factual discussions on the forums here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would you just lighten up please?

Both I and Claudio know better. Gee I've never seen somebody that didn't have any sense of humor what so ever.

enough said on the subject let's move on.  perhaps I erred by not adding a smiley telling folks I was joking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote on 3/24/2010 2:15 PM:

perhaps I erred by not adding a smiley telling folks I was joking.

And I suppose I am to believe that when you posted

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2673764#2673764 you were joking too?

Please do us all a favor and post your 'jokes' in the right place:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/370821

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I was dead serious in that link. The system needs up dating we are almost 1.5 versions behind and the last update we had was from 2.5.13 to 2.5.16.

You've admitted yourself by showing a link to Jive that they've know about the problems with starnge line breaks and characters and fixed in version 4.

You know it or you wouldn't have sent the link if you didn't know.

So could we just move on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have been serious, but what you wrote there about upgrading was no less of a "joke"...

The fact of life is that upgrading major software installations is not a simple task, and it's not somethong that is done as simply as you seem to think.

I'd suggest you take Jochem's suggestions to heart and stop making light of things that you have no clue about...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest you take Jochem's suggestions to heart and stop making light of things that you have no clue about...

But, we'd never hear from him again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

But, we'd never hear from him again.

...which I, at least, would consider grossly unfair. He is really harmless, good natured, and very willing to help. Let him post in peace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh a periodic chastising of me won't stop me from expressing an opinion or trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody has a problem with you expressing an opinion. Presenting your opinion as fact however ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

Nobody has a problem with you expressing an opinion. Presenting your opinion as fact however ...

Yes, this could be a problem with newcomers. However, I very much doubt that many of them read this particular forum (although all too frequently they post product questions here), and all of us oldtimers know Phillip quite well, that's why I said that I consider him harmless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

Dude... you should check out this thread...

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2673493#2673493

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think JVD is capable of lightening up PJ, it's his nature.  He's in charge here and he just want this forum to be all business.  No point in fighting it anymore really, not worth it.

But feel free to join "the survivors" in the lounge as suggested, we're redecorating the place after The Great Purges, it's quite nice! 

I can't believe Claudio is still seeing that logout problem - geez.  Such a simple thing, you would think.

Perhaps Jiveware should ditch their weak, buggy cookie-based login persistence and go to a db-driven method (probably too complicated for them).  Sorry, old habits die hard I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No JVD hasn't hurt my felings. I've been use to this type treatment most of my life  (I'll be 61 tomorrow).

If I were to go to to the lounge he'd probably follow me there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2010 Mar 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

You youngster you! And here I thought that you were a contemporary of mine. Well, let's say that your parents were contemporaries of mine.

I'd be a bit happier, if no one's feelings got hurt around these parts. There is just too much to discuss, without all that "stuff."

Stiff upper lip, and all that...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2010 Mar 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy for you to say, you're a four-blobber. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Easy for you to say, you're a four-blobber. 

Maybe that's because he's (he has) been around longer.

I expect most of us have been using the modern internet About the same amount of time except for those below 30 yrs old.

My first encounter with the internet was with Bulletin Boards and 300 baud modem on a a POTS line. Back when getting on the internet just to read bulletin Board was a Long distance call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happy birthday pj!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been very upity, and superior feeling  :  ) Been logged on for about 3 months straight--til mid-afternoon today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines