• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sloooooow

Advocate ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely see the extreme slowdowns people talk about, but when I do it's quite nostalgic.

screenshot_03.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 26, 2009 Jul 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this one for one. if someone some much as comes to this forum and ask Question about a Product. Who know they may have go dumped here by accident. Or they  click on wrong forum section or the received email notice and come in not know ; they get their head thoroughly bitten off. Instead of being told where the proper forum is or how to get there.

But also in Acrobat Forum as well. Or some one can give an answer (not just myself) and if it didn't come out text book correct, its jumped on and made fun of. The Acrobat forum has one or two nice people they are Michael Kaslov(?), & Steve Werner, that at quite helpful and just suggest proper forum if the land at wrong place.

In some cases if you make a print screen and post it show how to do something, your considered condescending. (A picture is worth a Thousand words.)

If  your doing fine in a particular forum. I suggested stay away from this one. You'll get nothing but grief, if you stay long enough. The only reason I stay is to act as voice of reason and help wayward strangers get to the right area. (I am not adverse to joke around on occasion, but not too often.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Thank you for your insightful comments.

Now, I have not spent enough time here. Most of my "new & improved" forum threads were in the Lounge areas of other fora. Finally, as nothing had changed, I came here at the urging of John T. Smith. I soon realized that I was not alone in most of my frustrations.

Maybe I'll tread lightly, when I need something answered in the Acrobat forum.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip, when one goes to the Forums, you get a choice of forum categories.  The default, which is open, is "Product, Player, and Reader Forums," with links to each of the Adobe product families.  If someone has a question about a product, there they are.  They have to click on "General Forums" down the category list, and then on "Forum comments," to get here.  I think it unlikely that anyone ends up here unless they are totally bewildered about what product forum to use, but we still get people asking about Dreamweaver or whatever.  You would think they would look at the topic names and figure that this was the wrong place, but NOOOOO.  Those people need to be told, gently but politely, that this is not the place to ask for help with Dreamweaver or Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael D Sullivan wrote:

Philip, when one goes to the Forums, you get a choice of forum categories.  The default, which is open, is "Product, Player, and Reader Forums," with links to each of the Adobe product families.  ...

People may come to these forums in various ways, quite possibly via Google search results.  New users need to sign up first, and the sign-up process may just redirect them to here.  Maybe the sign-up process expects the new users to start complaining about the forum right away...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 27, 2009 Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been around enough to know to go to forum main page and click on each of the button to see what's listed under subdirectories. But when the switch over from webX to with sytem we wre told what the link was to main Page.

Since I had setup forums I wanted to particpate in I rarely go to the main Page. Pershaps some of these new folks never went though the main page. Maybe some one gave then a link to click on. As you know for some strange reason you might click on a button from time to time and be dumped in another forum and the just post questions not knowing they are in the wrong place. Some of the most vocal crtitics got dumped in the wrong area from time to time and have said so.

So they may not be as dumb as the seem, they maybe just wonder into the wrong lion's den, or fell into the pit in a cave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they may not be as dumb as the seem,

no, i'm pretty sure they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The regulars have succeeded in driving a way new people to forums.

Sorry, but I have not seen this. Now, my forum focus is pretty limited, as I only have about 20 Adobe programs, though I do not participate in some of the fora.

I have seen just the opposite. In most that I do participate in, there are "welcomes" for new posters, as we can now see that it's their first post. When someone does post to the wrong forum (happens a lot in PrPro), most give them links to the correct forum, and even help answer their questions.

Maybe there are some fora, where the regulars drive the newbies away, but I just do not hang out there. That, or my powers of observation are just poor.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines