Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Slow Slow Slow Slow.....

Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn the jive a$$ hamster is slower than the old Webx hamster. I've been logged out of the forum while waiting to get in.

that is weird.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009
... and we said it wouldn't work!

And we got sworn at and were insulted for having the temerity to say it; and were told to give the new format a chance … but we couldn't have been more right:

Adobe's pig-headed dive into Jive has destroyed their Forums irreparably.

Just looking-in in the hope of seeing some trace of improvement … and promptly checking-out again ….

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 181 Replies 181
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

You might try Goggle Chrome beta; It has a fast javascript engine called V8, (great for AJAX heavy pages). It doesn't require one to have admin privs in order to install (on purpose).

you haven't seen nuthin yet. wait until ff 3.5 goes gold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.5 Firefox ?  I like both though and let's face it; Google owns both of them. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

3.5 Firefox ?  I like both though and let's face it; Google owns both of them. 😉

How is FF owne by Google. Its owned by Mozilla Foundation. Because it wriiten on the same GNU type License as Some forms of UNIX, Linux. Other companies are allowed to use the code to create and brand their own Product. For all we know Google Chrome is based on FF with their own tweaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip; The funds that Google gives to the Mozilla Foundation makes them the largest single donor to that Foundation. See; http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/11/19/google-makes-up-88-percent-of-mozillas-revenues-threatens-its-non-profit-status/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip: We do know that Chrome isn't based on Firefox code period. It's based on Webkit and the V8 javascript engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say they were I was just pointing out that other companies can use FF code to create their own browsers so long as the follow the license agreement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.5 Firefox ? 

not out yet steve. still a couple months off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2) I'm not drinking the koolaid and switching to that bloated hackfest of patchwork excuses for a browser with crummy plugins, I'd use a quality browser like Opera or Safari if I had a choice here.

sorry dude. it's the IE users who're drinking kool ade. firefox is lean and mean, and poised to scream with 3.5's new java engine.

>I'd use a quality browser like ...  Safari

HAHAHAHA! ok. nevermind. you HAVE been drinking kool ade. i'll stop now, cuz i don't want to rock your little world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok maybe Safari does suck I dunno maybe that's an outdated point.. lol  No argument that IE is kool aid, but when you're forced to use it, that argument fails. Firefox is the new kool aid, all the "cool" people use it. It'll be more dominant and then gain significant suckage in a few years. But honestly I don't care what browser I use, all I want is speed and functionality, everything else is useless, just get the job done kthx.

Opera still beats Firehax and lack of some little 'color schemes' or whatever, I couldn't care less about. Most OSS tends to start sucking after it's initial success as it's bloated beyond usability and hacked or bastardized all to hell as 5,000 different people contribute may-or-may-not work correctly code to the kludge work.

Chrome might be worth trying, no admin rights to install is a good sign, maybe Google used half a brain there.

But who cares about all this? The topic is CRAP forum software, aka Jive "Clearspace" or whatever. And why should I have to switch browsers so I can use this crap? If I switch, it'll be because Chrome works better than IE overall, not for this crap forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox is the new kool aid, all the "cool" people use it.

no, you're missing the diff between kool ade and what works. "cool" kids don't use firefox, people who want standars followed and great performance use it. maybe some "cool" kids have adopted it becuase those of us who know what they're talking about are promoting it over the non-standard IE. opera is nice, but it's not free. chrome is nice, but it's got some funky terms of use that i don't necessarily want google watching over my surfing habits. and safari has more holes than swiss cheese. to the point that pay-pal was refusing at one point to let safari browsers log in, until apple raised a fuss...

so no, it's not kool ade and not cool people using it. firefox works the way the web is supposd to work.

and i fully understand that people are restricted by what their corporations say they HAVE to run. i'm in the same boat, stuck on IE6(!!!) here at work! that doesn't mean i have to like it!

Opera still beats Firehax

is it cool to mock the name firefox? i hadn't heard any of the cool people i know do that. like i said, opera (last i checked) wasn't free nor fully open source. FF is.

bastardized all to hell as 5,000 different people contribute may-or-may-not work correctly code to the kludge work.

you don't know about or understand open source software at all, do you?

And why should I have to switch browsers so I can use this crap?

you don't. end of story. i'm just correcting some of your more misguided and misleading statements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

Firefox is the new kool aid, all the "cool" people use it.

no, you're missing the diff between kool ade and what works. "cool" kids don't use firefox, people who want standars followed and great performance use it. maybe some "cool" kids have adopted it becuase those of us who know what they're talking about are promoting it over the non-standard IE. opera is nice, but it's not free. chrome is nice, but it's got some funky terms of use that i don't necessarily want google watching over my surfing habits. and safari has more holes than swiss cheese. to the point that pay-pal was refusing at one point to let safari browsers log in, until apple raised a fuss...

so no, it's not kool ade and not cool people using it. firefox works the way the web is supposd to work.

and i fully understand that people are restricted by what their corporations say they HAVE to run. i'm in the same boat, stuck on IE6(!!!) here at work! that doesn't mean i have to like it!

Opera still beats Firehax

is it cool to mock the name firefox? i hadn't heard any of the cool people i know do that. like i said, opera (last i checked) wasn't free nor fully open source. FF is.

bastardized all to hell as 5,000 different people contribute may-or-may-not work correctly code to the kludge work.

you don't know about or understand open source software at all, do you?

And why should I have to switch browsers so I can use this crap?

you don't. end of story. i'm just correcting some of your more misguided and misleading statements.

I own a copy of Opera for Mac. But find it no better nor no worse than Safari. I find both slow to load pages.

I even keep a copy of FireFox. (3.0.10). But still find I prefer SeaMonkey. That is my preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

But still find I prefer SeaMonkey. That is my preference.

I never would have known that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

But still find I prefer SeaMonkey. That is my preference.

I never would have known that.

Most likely you do, because I have stated that once before in another thread.

You didn't quote the whole message. which was a was defense of Mozilla products, although I do own Opera.

I also have have OmniWeb, iCab, Safari. I even have PostBox in place of Thunderbird.  I still come back to Seamonkey because I found it best for the way I work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not another dig at you PJ, I can't keep up.

I just wish you'd stop taking everything literally and also resist the compulsion to reply to everything.

You won't be hearing from me again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at all the subjects. I don't respond to every message.  And there are some, I only make one or two.

And according to the information under my avatar I've been on since 2003 but in 6 years I've only posted 325 times.

I may not be some fancy Business type. But I do use acrobat, have since Acrobat 4. I don't care all about that.
I just want to get along. For me every one put their pants on the same way, one leg at a time.

So if you do n't want to coment to anything I say  fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on since 2003 but in 6 years I've only posted 325 times.

>

Just FYI,

325 times in the last year...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only when the post reference browsers.

And I might continue to do so in th future.

BTW way According to adobe I haven't made that many post in 6 years.

I take that back it shows 327 in 6 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Most likely you do, because I have stated that once before in another thread.

You mean you've stated it darn near once for every post you've ever made.

I'm just razzing you but come on, you HAVE to realize that you mention SeaMonkey as your preference continuously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

Opera's been free for quite a while, now. I don't recall which version they did that, but at least I had the paid version through several upgrades. I can't say the same for Netscape 3.0x Gold. That went from paid to free a few weeks after I bought it.

Now, what did I do with my last paid version of Eudora?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opera is the most standard compliant browser, always has been. Blah blah blah, Firehax sucks, it is kool aid because people knee-jerk react to defend it's every flaw like a religion just like you did, etc etc, you're not going to change my mind, don't bother trying. And of course I know about OSS, I like to exaggerate. Doesn't mean that a good bit of OSS software I've seen isn't crap compared to their commercial counterparts.

But again stay on topic here, the problem is that this forum sucks, and it should work on all these stupid browsers. But it doesn't, because they've used all these ridiculous "features" and JavaScript crap that (probably) only one browser (FF?) supports well...and everything else is compromised. Lowest common denominator is IE - if it doesn't work there, it doesn't work period. This forum software doesn't work. I can barely finish typing on it half the time, it's so slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>. Blah blah blah, Firehax sucks,

lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Opera is the most standard compliant browser, always has been.

Opera has two fatal flaws, as far as I'm concerned:

• It's not color managed

• It doesn't work here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sh!t we can only give out 3 helpful answer stars. That's Bullsh!t!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2009 Apr 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well whatever they did yesterday seems to have helped the speed. (Fingers crossed.)  

But being the weekend, I suppose traffic's down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still waiting for the magical forum fairies to come and make everything "off the shelf" better and faster, like we were promised early on when told to give them a chance to "optimize" this POC.

...But these forums still Suck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines