• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no supervision in the French and Spanish forums?

LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2005 Aug 06, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot that threads are extremely short lived in this forum, and the discussion that really began within an unrelated thread, here

Pierre Courtejoie, "Shouldn't these links be removed as soon as possible?" #8, 27 Feb 2005 1:21 pm

has already gone to the Archives, where it is in danger of going to the limbus in the near future.

I still think that this is an important issue, and still wait to see any improvement in those forums showing that the messages by Pierre and myself on the subject have not fallen in a void. Although we both value and thank Neil Keller for his attempts to get some reaction in higher quarters, his attempts have unfortunately been a failure.

It is pathetic to see pages in the forums in Spanish with templates that are written in a mixture of English and a very bad Spanish. It is even more pathetic that JC stopped more than a year ago feeling authorized to introduce any non trivial change to improve this situation. The worst part is however to feel that there is no one listening, or at least willing to admit that there might be problems in those forums.

I feel very disappointed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 460 Replies 460
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2008 Mar 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can of worms which, by the way, does not belong at all in this thread and certainly deserves opening a new topic. I would also suggest moving messages #310-322 to the new topic, and eliminating this message.

I am of course thinking of all the people that could, and would like to, contribute constructively to this discussion, and would never dream of finding it in a thread with such an unrelated title...

Am I asking for too much?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the thread lives, but returning to something Spanish:

Claudio and Ramón,

Do you ever read Ecología Política? http://www.ecologiapolitica.info/ep/34/34.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I (and others) have said a number of times that the forum redesign is being planned using WebX software... which is what the adobeforums.com set of forums use. But Adobe (which is John and the group he reports to) is setting them up to the look and feel (note: the word function is not in there!) of the corporate website. If people choose to not hear those statements, which have been made numerous times, and intend to believe the statements that Ann made above, that is their own choice. But, in the end they'll be wrong... especially if you factor in the way that John has gone to bat for the members over the years. Ultimately he know the forums far better then those above him, and, as we found out, those people get to learn the lesson the hard way if they override his judgment. The forum, by and large, is a place of support and cooperation... I don't see any significant reason to attack it, or Adobe, in the way that Ann chooses. It is my opinion that she is well over the top in her judgment, and I do take offense at her attacks. You can't take wild suppositions and present them as facts without people responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> John has gone to bat for the members over the years.

Amen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>The forum, by and large, is a place of support and cooperation... I don't see any significant reason to attack it, or Adobe, in the way that Ann chooses.>

I am NOT attacking the
b adobeforums.com/webx Forums
for the way that they are currently.
Quite the opposite.

What I am expressing is my very real fear that Adobe plan to change what is excellent for something that looks, and handles, like their perfectly HORRIBLE
b www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums.

In fact I am hoping that John will use my comments, and the similar ones of others, as further ammunition in his on-going battles on our behalf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of respect to Claudio and Jacob I am continuing this in the "Something is happening" thread. :)

John Joslin, "Something is happening" #183, 7 Mar 2008 7:35 am

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thanks a lot, John. I was already thinking I had asked for too much in my message #323 above... But then, I was forgetting that nobody reads message #323 XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

No, I had never heard of «Ecología política» before. :|

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón,

Did you read the (first) Resumen under Europa?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2008 Mar 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, you never cease to surprise me. I had no idea you were involved in such activities. May I ask how old are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2008 Mar 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I was born in the first year of the reign of the Queen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2008 Mar 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Queen Who?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2008 Mar 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I answered you last message a few hours after you posted it, but my answer somehow seems to have vanished.

Assuming you are refering to Queen Elizabeth II, you are much younger than I thought and therefore much younger than I -by the time you were born, I was nearly completing my university studies. And of course, when I was your age, I was also engaged in several widely different activities. Unfortunately, my activities are decreasing as my age is increasing and my healh is deteriorating. But I am still active and very up to date -I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bert. What do you think of the Resumen?

>Queen Who?

The Queen that rather shocked me at her speech for her son at his 50th anniversary, starting with: "I would like to"

So you are right, Claudio; and the shock may explain your overestimation. Were you born during the reign of Carlos Ibáñez del Campo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, by the time I was old enough to understand such things, whomever was our president when I was born had long ago already been replaced by someone else; and I have never been very good in history, so I had to ask Google. The answer is Arturo Alessandri Palma. And I think that the word "reign" only applies to kings and queens, not to presidents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you are right, Claudio; the right term would be: during the service of. He served thrice, however; which of them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alessandri Palma was our president only twice, and I am refering to his second term. We had another Alessandri president (also twice), but that's his son, Alessandri Rodríguez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was counting 1925 as a separate term, but of course his resignation in 1924 was not accepted.

So you are not that old after all, Claudio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a good thing no-one minds topic drift around here :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath, this topic was really initiated on 27 February 2005, and has produced absolutely no results in these more than three years. I think that all the arguments have already been given, many of them more than once, so there isn't much to add unless something drastic changes the circumstances.

Jacob has made a great contribution in helping to keep the thread afloat, and I think we are entitled to drift to completely unrelated topics that help us to know each other better. Which, in my opinion, is a very important side effect of these forums. At least, our drifting is not one of those dogfights we have seen in other threads of this same forum, which have been allowed to continue for much too long without almost anyone protesting.

And yes, I did notice your smiley XD XD XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, when someone in my closest circle of relatives and friends cannot remember a name or a telephone number, or cannot find his/her glasses, or has difficulties in getting in or out of a car, etc., s/he is told, perhaps a quarter jokingly, "well, we are no longer 50...".

Or, as someone relatively famous and about my age answered when asked what he would do if he could live his life again, "No, I would by no means like to live my whole life again, but I wouldn't mind at all being 50 again!" (and of course I cannot remember who said this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2008 Apr 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not at all certain that these two localized forums will survive the incoming fusion, so I am beginning to wonder if it is worth keeping this thread afloat... :-(

In any case, it is now a month and a day since the last post, and Jacob has not posted, so here I go... XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2008 Apr 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Claudio. I did have an eye upon it, although I am struggling to finalize a paper I have been working on for more than 5 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2008 Apr 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, but at least there is hope that you'll see results in the near future, as the matter depends only on you... :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines