• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no supervision in the French and Spanish forums?

LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2005 Aug 06, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot that threads are extremely short lived in this forum, and the discussion that really began within an unrelated thread, here

Pierre Courtejoie, "Shouldn't these links be removed as soon as possible?" #8, 27 Feb 2005 1:21 pm

has already gone to the Archives, where it is in danger of going to the limbus in the near future.

I still think that this is an important issue, and still wait to see any improvement in those forums showing that the messages by Pierre and myself on the subject have not fallen in a void. Although we both value and thank Neil Keller for his attempts to get some reaction in higher quarters, his attempts have unfortunately been a failure.

It is pathetic to see pages in the forums in Spanish with templates that are written in a mixture of English and a very bad Spanish. It is even more pathetic that JC stopped more than a year ago feeling authorized to introduce any non trivial change to improve this situation. The worst part is however to feel that there is no one listening, or at least willing to admit that there might be problems in those forums.

I feel very disappointed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 460 Replies 460
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2008 Nov 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another month and a day, and this thread shall have made it through its fourth Christmas.

Does any of our hosts have any news?

Claudio, I hope you are enjoying late spring there.

The first snow has fallen here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It snowed here too, Jacob, but we are not too far away (Mons, close to the French border)

It's been a while I haven't seen a host speak about "The Merge", so we might have to let it go... I already posted in the suggestions thread about our peculiar issue, and heard nothing on the topic. Maybe is it really Adobe Fenwick that rues it.. or Adobe Neverland? :D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2008 Dec 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we made it once again, Claudio, Ramón, Pierre, and others:

Feliz Navidad y una Feliz Año Nuevo,
&
Joyeux Noël et une nouvelle année heureuse.
&
Peaceful Midwinter.

What are you having tonight?

We have had no snow since post # 372.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2008 Dec 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Jacob, we are enjoying some really wonderful weather where I am (some 900 km South of Santiago, using somebody else's computer with a different browser and different Win version), and also enjoying an invented extra long weekend with family. Really very nice and relaxed.

Best wishes for you also, and to all the good friends who visit this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2009 Jan 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best wishes for you too!
We had a big dinner at home for Xmas, and were in London, next to Big Ben for the new year...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four days into the new year, and still no supervision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your year starts on 26th January?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm... must be french. ;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not mine, the year of the largest population. This is the day of the creation of sheep. Humans will be in three days.

The French New Years were at Easter and at the autumnal equinox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, we shall make it well into the real new year, and beyond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm waiting for the surreal new year.

Oh, wait . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I am hopefully expecting this to be a survival year for the forums in Spanish. Which now seem to have never been forums in Spanish at all, but some sort of illegitimate son of unknown parents...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>survival year for the forums in Spanish

Routinely, I find more posts about the Spanish forums here than actual posts over there. 😕 I often forget those forums exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the folks from the Experts groups are native speakers of various languages. Hopefully they will be available to host in forums of their language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Routinely, I find more posts about the Spanish forums here than actual posts over there.

Isn't this exagerating a bit?

>I often forget those forums exist.

Your privilege of course, but too bad for the rest of us; you have an enormous baggage of knowledge to share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Isn't this exagerating a bit?

Not at all. I chose my words carefully. Consider that I only visit two of the sections, the one where Photoshop is included and "other subjects". They're like a cemetery. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2009 Mar 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the first time in all these years, I feel like giving up.

One. Even if I would like very much things to be otherwise, Ramón isn't exagerating much. There are full days, sometimes several days, with no posts over there.

Two. Nobody who is in the know has said anything concrete about the future of the localized forums. And it would seem that very few people in the know -if any at all- is positing in these forums.

Three. I have been unsuccessfully trying to convince the few "regulars" over there to post in here:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7c593/

(by the way, all the similar forums in other languages lead one to the discussion in English; this is the only one to have its own discussion). As nobody seems to care too much, I started trying to convince people from "the other side" to come and post their views, for they would be the most affected in case of survival, as they all use newsreaders. Well, the story deserves a special paragraph.

Due to the facts that all participants use newsreaders, and that there is absolutely no visible presence of moderators, most peple don't consider the forums at the other side as forums, but as a newsreader service with no connection with Adobe. The forum has developed in a sort of L*** where it is even not uncommon to read offers for interchanging fonts and software. And there seems to be a more or less generalized belief that they have the right to continue posting without controls of any kind. There are even some who think thay can do without Adobe.

Fighting this lost battle all by myself for all these years, only to find that I am even much more lonely than I thought is getting to be too much for me. And Jacob, you have been a great and steady support, and I thank you for that, but you cannot really help.

Maybe this is just one of those days and tomorrow I will be less pesimistic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've said this before (at least thought it), but adding to the pool of hosts out of the Group of Adobe Community Experts will likely add Spanish speaking hosts to the mix. That could create a relatively significant change. If you want to find the listing page for the Experts, you might want to see of some of them look like likely candidates. That'a keep you busy and out of trouble for a bit of time anyway. ;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dorothy, I have seen a couple of ACEs in action at the other side, and I am sorry to say that I am not in the least favourably impressed by what I have seen. And no, thanks, I'm not interested in the likely candidates coming from that group, however likely or unlikely it is that some of them become hosts. Thanks anyway for your effort for cheering me up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2009 Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not certain what you mean by "the other side" but if you are referring to the new forum stuff, um, ya, well... they are people that have been vetted by Adobe as being over the top contributors to the community on and off the forums. So they are invited to join the conversation and come over here, but are not already known to a few of the people... and those people choose to grind them into the dirt, without consideration. I'm not certain how you might expect them to respond. Given the circumstances, I give them a hell of a lot of credit for having thick enough skins to stay around and ride it out. I can pretty much guarantee, tho, that they are just as active, and just as well known and regarded... in their areas of expertize... as the hosts that people on this side know so well. The only reason they have not been "hosts" is because the MM forum software does not have that capability. Oh... and ACE's are Certified Experts... that's a different program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the languages, but the new forum area DOES seem to have announcements in non-English languages

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7c39d/

That does not, of course, mean that any new forums in any of those languages (if there ARE new forums) is going to be utilized by anyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the biggest problem I see too, John. It's going to be hard to have technical expertize for every program in every language. If there are enough people around, it might be possible to have some people willing to do some translating, but that's asking a lot also. I know some folks already are... and it's really appreciated, but I'd hate to have it become a burden to anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Not certain what you mean by "the other side"

I would say it's fairly common in the Comments... forums to call the ex-Adobe forums "this side", and the ex-Macromedia ones, "the other side". So no, I wasn't refering to any new group of Adobe Community Experts, and I didn't notice you wrote "Community" so I mistakenly read "Certified".

> I don't know the languages, but the new forum area DOES seem to have announcements in non-English languages

Yes, the existence of these announcements has already been commented. One curious fact about them: if you click on the equivalent of the Discuss the upcoming changes to the Adobe Forums here folder, you will be taken to the discussion in English. Except in the one in Spanish, which has its own discussion with just two participants so far (one of them is me)..., one of the reasons of my discouragement.

>That does not, of course, mean that any new forums in any of those languages (if there ARE new forums) is going to be utilized by anyone

Pardon, but I see no reason to expect new localized forums. I would expect the existing ones to be fused and modified in the same way that these will be. And, for that matter, nobody knows if the modified forums in English are going to be utilized by anyone. People from "the other side" are not going to be easily convinced to use conventional browsers, and people from "this side" are not too happy with what little is known for sure so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>nobody knows if the modified forums in English are going to be utilized by anyone. People from "the other side" are not going to be easily convinced to use conventional browsers, and people from "this side" are not too happy with what little is known for sure so far

True... but since the only alternative would be for someone to rent server space and set up their own forum(s) I will GUESS that anyone who wants to ask a user to user question in an Adobe supplied forum is going to use the new software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read several messages at the other side propossing to open their own forum/whatever and continue living happily with their newsreader access and without moderation of any kind. The notion seems to be catching up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines