• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no supervision in the French and Spanish forums?

LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2005 Aug 06, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot that threads are extremely short lived in this forum, and the discussion that really began within an unrelated thread, here

Pierre Courtejoie, "Shouldn't these links be removed as soon as possible?" #8, 27 Feb 2005 1:21 pm

has already gone to the Archives, where it is in danger of going to the limbus in the near future.

I still think that this is an important issue, and still wait to see any improvement in those forums showing that the messages by Pierre and myself on the subject have not fallen in a void. Although we both value and thank Neil Keller for his attempts to get some reaction in higher quarters, his attempts have unfortunately been a failure.

It is pathetic to see pages in the forums in Spanish with templates that are written in a mixture of English and a very bad Spanish. It is even more pathetic that JC stopped more than a year ago feeling authorized to introduce any non trivial change to improve this situation. The worst part is however to feel that there is no one listening, or at least willing to admit that there might be problems in those forums.

I feel very disappointed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 460 Replies 460
Nov 12, 2007 Nov 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Is it an option?

Sure, Jacob, but, hey, like you indicated, it's also become a bit of a social event to bring it back to the top now and again. If it were made permanent, chances are, knowing it will always be there, people would quit posting and it would become dormant in a different way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm mostly glad that they try to provide some kind of a venue, Claudio, even tho less then would be preferred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>and it is also the one and only International Weather Channel of the Adobe Forums. <br /><br /><cough!><br /><br /><a href="/webx?14@@.1de5f905.3bc34b4b/0">Fr. Watson, "Whether to wonder about the weather wonder... again" #1, 1 Mar 2007 1:15 pm</a><br /><br />;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, are you really saying that the Lounge is an Adobe Forum? I thought it was the one and only Photoshop Lounge, for a short while (which seemed long) shortened to the Lounge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

last time i checked, sure jacob, it's an adobe forum. it's not all about favorite music or weather... and the members are from all over the adobe forums. (how they found it, i'll never know!) :)

(i'll leave this one as a link as it's a great resource):
The Photoshop Lounge Resource Repository
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.1de5f905.2ccdf937/

on the 1st page of the main forum:
Acrobat Pro 8 Zoom Shortcut (8 messages; 11/12/07)
Custom Shape ... (18 messages; 11/11/07)
Adobe to trim menu options in Photoshop (89 messages; 11/9/07)
Recording Video with my Mac (11 messages; 11/8/07)
Estimating Software.. what does everybody use? (13 messages; 11/7/07)
Create a Firefighter Maltese Cross (9 messages; 11/7/07)
Cassette tape to digital (13 messages; 11/9/07)
Seagate Buyer? Possible Refund---> (31 messages; 11/6/07)
Turn equipment off at night or not? (153 messages; 11/6/07)
Multicore. (10 messages; 11/6/07)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2007 Dec 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

once again, Claudio, Ramón, Pierre, and others:

Feliz Navidad y una Feliz Año Nuevo,

&

Joyeux Noël et une nouvelle année heureuse.

&

Peaceful Midwinter.

It is past midnight here. Light is come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2007 Dec 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helo, Jacob, my best wishes to you as well. And to anyone passing by here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2008 Jan 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dank U, Jacob!

Best wishes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2008 Mar 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new unsupervised month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I feel it is now pointless to try to introduce any improvement in the French or Spanish forums (like for example having all static text written in proper Spanish, instead of keeping the present mixture of decent Spanish, very bad Spanish, and English). I presume that the fusion of the ex Adobe and ex Macromedia forums sets will be attempted again, probably in a not very distant future, and anything can happen then.

And I cannot forget that in the last disastrous fusion attempt, the French and the Spanish forums simply vanished, only to reappear when we returned to the old state of affairs. This doesn't make me look the future with too much optimism.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So maybe we should celebrate their still being unsupervised, and alive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By all means. At least, we survive :-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will survive!

Ah, the forum merge, I really wonder who will be the complainers... :D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2008 Mar 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre, unfortunately the signs we are receiving clearly announce a more agressive move to the look, feel and touch of the ColdFusion side than in previous attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will still be using WebX software no matter how it might look or feel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that mean there will still be two sets of forums? Or that the other ones will move to Webx? Are you sure of your facts?

I thought the reason for change was to merge the two sets of forums, I see little need for change apart from that, just a few tweaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe corporate wants it to match a certain look and feel, but yes, WebX, and combined forums, is the ultimate goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Adobe corporate wants it to match a certain look and feel,>

Just as we feared: what THEY want and to hell with what their Users want.

So the Survey was just a sop was it?

They actually have no intention of paying the slightest attention to anything that we said anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, Ann, I'm not able to answer your fears in a way that could possibly convince you, since your mind is obviously already made up. So go ahead and believe what you will. Just, please, don't speak for anyone other then yourself. If others would like to express an opinion, I'm certain they are perfectly capable of speaking for themselves. I have to say tho, I'm not understanding your arithmetic... are you using exponentials to arrive at your conclusions or what?? It sure isn't any kind of simple math.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is more: being given one million dollars, or one penny the first day, double that penny the next day, then double the previous day's pennies and so on for a month?

See http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.doubling.pennies.html for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dorothy:

What arithmetic?

My feelings about these Forums seem to me to be very similar to what almost everyone else has been saying here for months.

Namely that
b adobeforums.com
are excellent just as they are now while a visit to the formerly-Macromedia format of
b adobe.com/cfusion/webforums
is an absolutely horrible experience in every way.

It was your own remark that:

>Adobe corporate wants it to match a certain look and feel,>

which lead me to suspect that you actually know that Adobe has already decided to redesign these Forums in the way that THEY want almost certainly as a mirror image of their ghastly Macromedia ones.

If that is the case, it would imply that I wasted my time when I responded to their "Survey" because they don't intend to take a blind bit of notice of anything that I, or anyone else, has said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a unified look and feel, all they have to do is change the skin (background, menu bar, colors, etc.) to look like http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/index.html. It shouldn't be too difficult to do that without any fundamental changes to the functionality of the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no maths. Nor anyone trying to speak for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2008 Mar 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm speaking for me.

The FuseTalk format is
b UNUSABLE!

Does Adobe really think they can merge the users' minds, as well as messing up the equilibrium in the graphics software market?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2008 Mar 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QED... Sorry for the opening of a can of worms!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines