• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no supervision in the French and Spanish forums?

LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2005 Aug 06, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot that threads are extremely short lived in this forum, and the discussion that really began within an unrelated thread, here

Pierre Courtejoie, "Shouldn't these links be removed as soon as possible?" #8, 27 Feb 2005 1:21 pm

has already gone to the Archives, where it is in danger of going to the limbus in the near future.

I still think that this is an important issue, and still wait to see any improvement in those forums showing that the messages by Pierre and myself on the subject have not fallen in a void. Although we both value and thank Neil Keller for his attempts to get some reaction in higher quarters, his attempts have unfortunately been a failure.

It is pathetic to see pages in the forums in Spanish with templates that are written in a mixture of English and a very bad Spanish. It is even more pathetic that JC stopped more than a year ago feeling authorized to introduce any non trivial change to improve this situation. The worst part is however to feel that there is no one listening, or at least willing to admit that there might be problems in those forums.

I feel very disappointed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 460 Replies 460
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2006 Apr 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Claudio, I did read the earlier posts about Ruritania and Fenwick, so the googling was just a side effect with a surprising result.

The article I linked to made me think whether the sorting consisted in the Adobe takeover of Macromedia. Do you know about that, Kath?

So maybe the solicitors of former MM actually came from Fenwick, and if they had a hand in the forum changes it would prove the suspicion right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't realize that Adobe had handed off the management of the other language forums. If that is so, then there is probably very little that can be done by complaining here. You will need to complain somewhere that those new managers can see it.

Adobe will be able to do little, depending on the contract, until the end of the contract. Hopefully then they will take it in house, or pass it on to some other company.

(My suggestion is that you folks get together and incorporate and form a company to take over the contract when it expires.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don, the only POC we see on local Adobe pages are for the sales dept (contact us on top of the pages)
They don't know anything about the forum (and I tried Netherlands, France, and Belgium, to realize that the latter was forwarded to the French address).

I tried to contact Adobe Representatives at a Multimadia and Imaging show in Paris. The lady said that took my email address to give it to a ? Marketing Manager ? did not even know that there was a (partly) localized forum.

It's been more than a month, and I have not heard anything.

I wonder if we should just wait for the merging of the MM and ADBE forums to see some change...

I'd really want to have split threads abilities in the French forum, as a lot of members are posting unrelated questions in existing threads... Makes it very difficult to follow discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don, Neil Keller contacted people in the know and with the power to do things; I understand he never received an answer. Nearly two years ago, JC presented my proposal for a new entry page, including instructions for newcomers, to the new authorities. I understand he has never received an answer either. This makes me think that the new managers do know about these problems, but have chosen to do nothing to solve them.

As mere mortals such as Pierre and myself have no clue about who those new managers are, it's really not very easy for us to address them directly.

Also, by reading through this thread, it would seem that the only people who are really trying to do something in this respect are Pierre for the French forums, and myself for the Spanish ones. I doubt this would be enough to form a company to take over a contract we don't only don't know when it expires, but even don't know if it exists.

Thank you for your support anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite Kafka-like, it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio...

Sorry, but unfortunately there has been no positive news conveyed to me about this. I wish there were more to report...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I tend to agree with that, Oz. Although I would dare to be a little less British and say directly that I find this unvelievable, although I believe it because I'm living through it. Or at least, trying to preserve my sanity while living through it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suspicion, after hearing about a similar situation elsewhere, is that the folks that were supposed to be in charge got downsized and the duties of their positions literally went to limbo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, I wouldn't dream of blaming you for the failure of your efforts; the blame is obviously in the other party. On the contrary, unless my memory is failing more than usual, you are the only one in this thread to have made a serious and concrete effort to help us, for which I at least am very thankful, as I am sure Pierre also does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Quite Kafka-like, it seems.

Yeah well, Adobe is quite good at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Not to worry. I saw no blame headed in my direction. I just wanted you, Pierre, Ramón and the rest of the folks here know that I did see this discussion. I only wish there were something concrete to offer at this time.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

I wrote because I thought I detected in your previous message a shadow of a trace of a "it's not my fault" attitude, so I wanted to make double sure that you to know that we know that it isn't. Better too much than too little, at least in this case.

Thanks again for caring.

Claudio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Thanks...!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2006 Apr 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, many thanks, Neil!

It is really sad, especially since I see healthy, and well maintained fora as a good incentive for users to buy programs: they know where they could get (free) support from their peers... it is some value added to the software they want to purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the emoticon for extreme exasperation? <vbg><br /><br />Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rich pickings here Neil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They look as if they're suffering. Thanks, gang!<br /><br />(Although Kath's first choice seems to be suffering more from constipation!) <lol><br /><br />Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 30, 2006 Apr 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio might have a heart attack:

There are now separate forums for Spain and for Latin America. :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2006 Apr 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And are they both supervised? That would be terminal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 01, 2006 May 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are now separate forums for Spain and for Latin America. 😞

¿¿ QUÉ??

It's not only Claudio who's going to have a heart attack ( 😉 ). The gifted soul that made and splitted those forums has no idea whatsoever about the Spanish Speaking Web.

Oh, boy! 😞 Esto no va a flotar ... no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just visited the new Latin American forums, and I think the matter deserves a new topic. Please don't continue this discussion here, but got to this link instead:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbfb72d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention why I think this deserves a new topic: it seems to be one of the first results of the Adobe-Macromedia forums fusion; and it's most definitely NOT a result of splitting the Forums in Spanish.

Thanks, Ramón, for noticing and pointing out this at such an early stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines