Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top Participants and Jive

Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometime in the last 2 weeks the Top Participants List has undergone major changes in both the Bridge and Photoshop Forums.  People that were not even on the list 2 weeks ago are now Top Contributors even though they have not visited the site in years.

Has Jive changed the rules on who is listed?  If so what are the new rules?  I know when the Forums consoladated everyone went back to zero rank and had to work there way up from there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2013 Jun 09, 2013

Hi, all!

Many posts, yet the initial question is left unanswered.

As you might have noticed, some of the forums have been moved around. The Photoshop General discussions is now one level higher in the hierarchy, and "therefore"(between quotes because it is not very logical)its top participants listing encompasses the sub forums, including the read only Mac and PC forums, where some users, including some that left the forum, or this planet (thinking about you, John) had received large amount of po

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

I may have missed them, but I cannot think of any of your posts, that I would term "biased."

You seem to have always stated your position, built from personal experiences, and nothing more.

That some do like the CC model, and have adopted it for themselves, is not an issue. Many posts, from those folk, have always been appreciated, at least by me. They make good points. It is then incumbent on me to sort through those points, and see how them might apply to me. So far, I do not see the advantage - yet, and maybe never. However, that does not mean that those adopters are wrong - it works for them, but perhaps not me.

I also see more "fire" from the fans of the old, perpetual licenses, but that is to be expected, as more are comfortable with the status quo - like I am. Still, seeing both sides of the arguments is important.

Though you and I might never agree on the benefits of the CC (where my situation is concerned), but that does not mean that you, or any other supporters of the model, are incorrect - the frames of reference are just different.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just checking back here to see if Adobe/Jive have fixed the various problems of integration with Internet Explorer, and they clearly have not.  I still can't open a blank line without pushing a space or something in front of the cursor.  As I have ceased participating in general I don't know if the fairly frequent failures to be able to post have gone away.  I suppose this response will tell the tale.

I just received this message from Adobe:

Status update: Adobe ID users are currently unable to log into Business Catalyst and other Adobe related services.

We are currently experiencing issues where Adobe ID users are unable to log into Business Catalyst sites and other Adobe related services. Please note that it is still possible to log into Business Catalyst websites with accounts that have not been merged with an Adobe ID. Engineering is investigating and is working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Please refer to our status page for any updates.

Copyright © 2013 Adobe Business Catalyst, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in on our System Status page.
Our mailing address is:

Adobe Business Catalyst
Adobe Systems Incorporated, 345 Park Avenue

San Jose, CA  95110

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2013 Jun 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all!

Many posts, yet the initial question is left unanswered.

As you might have noticed, some of the forums have been moved around. The Photoshop General discussions is now one level higher in the hierarchy, and "therefore"(between quotes because it is not very logical)its top participants listing encompasses the sub forums, including the read only Mac and PC forums, where some users, including some that left the forum, or this planet (thinking about you, John) had received large amount of points for the huge help they brought to the community.

Hope this clears the issue.

Pierre, an employed and self-employed MVP;-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Pierre, finally got so explaination that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines