• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update Date Pool ???

Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update to Jive 4.5.6 is schedule for "sometime" this month... anyone want to bet on when?

I pick the last week, 9-25 thru 9-30

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 18, 2011 Sep 18, 2011

The forums are working today September 18, Chile´s National Day. If I didn't predict the date 100% accurately, at least I was the closest by far. So, when do I get my prize?

Congrats, JC&Co. At least, until I try how things are working...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2011 Sep 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Looks like they restarted the email server. If you see this, it is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>restarted the email server 

I just checked my email, and had to jump back here and go to my "now many more" preferences and turn off email for many more options that did not used to be present

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going offline for a while. Family wants dinner and stuff like that. They just don't seem to understand....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And use colors in Text, and allow attachments and the other 5000 things they took away because they don't know how to spam and virus detection programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I say September 15, 2011.

Wow, damn close Bill.  Looks like you win the cigar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be happening any minu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hunt

PS - with the slow loading of forum pages, and slow updating, I kind of wondered myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll pick somewhere between Sept. 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3891327#3891327 (post #7), last sentence.

Apart from that, it will not be on the second Sunday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The third, then? It's our Independence Day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

The update to Jive 4.5.6 is schedule for "sometime" this month... anyone want to bet on when?

I pick the last week, 9-25 thru 9-30

I would bet on anytime between 15th and 22nd.  This year of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Claudio has it (posts #7 and #9).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2011 Sep 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums are working today September 18, Chile´s National Day. If I didn't predict the date 100% accurately, at least I was the closest by far. So, when do I get my prize?

Congrats, JC&Co. At least, until I try how things are working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2011 Sep 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And formatting is back!!! (would it be too much to ask once more to set the default font to this Verdana or another screen-friendly, easy to read font?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T.,

I was off the Mainland, when the roll-out happened. Who won the pool?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio... he bet 18th actual was 17th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

I said between the 15th and 22nd and half way of the two dates is also close enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JTANNA wrote:

John T Smith wrote:

I said between the 15th and 22nd and half way of the two dates is also close enough.

I gave a specific date, while you gave a week long range, and others gave even ampler ranges. But if you think that you have better rights for the prize, I'll gladly resign to it in your favour, even though my bet now appears embedded in the opening message and prominently marked as the Correct Answer... In any case, I would't be in a position to pay for my journey to the USA and back to receive a free breakfast or a tin medal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

For YOU, we might be able to take up a collection for that airline ticket, or maybe I can pledge some of my United Airlines "Miles" to that endeavor. Even if UAL does not fly to Santiago, I will bet that one of their "partner airlines" does.

In the meantime, this star is for you!

Hero_Star_01.jpg

Way to go,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very many thanks, Bill. However:

• I am certainly not a HERO who deserves that his peers collect the money to pay for his round trip to receive a still unknown prize.
  • There seem to be others who think they have equal or better rights than I do for the prize, while I don't think the matter even deserves been discussed at all. I am quite willing for anyone else to get it, if s/he thinks s/he deserves it.
  • And I couldn't think of a better prize for having guessed more or less rightly than the star you have awarded me (although it would be better without that "HERO"), plus the support I have received here from several of my peers as an added and most welcome bonus. My warmest thanks to all of you.

And I do not need or expect any other prize.

Just in case: .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio got the closest. He predicted the 18th and the updated started the 18th.

Although I predicted sometime between start of the thread and June 30th 1912.

The Adobe-Admin owes him the most expensive Steak dinner at the Angus Barn in Raliegh, NC. All expense paid for Tansportation and overnight stay at the closiest Motel.

I've ate there once and steaks were so tender you could eat them with a spoon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote:

Although I predicted sometime between start of the thread and June 30th 1912.

You thought they were going to go back in time and fix things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The start of the thread as was sept1 . It did fall within those guesses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Al Gore was around to invent the internet in 1912.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops meant 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines