Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updater where are the downloaded files?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To avoid re downloading the 300 Megs or more of updates in case of a problem. I would like to know whrere the updater puts thes downloads.

I have CS3 and CS4.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You might find an answer easier if you asked in the Creative Suites forum. This forum is intended to discuss issues with the forum software, not products.

Click here to view the Creative Suites forum

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I am understanding your question, which in any case I think is in the wrong forum. Normally, when you download an update, you are asked if you want to save or execute the file. If you choose the first, you end up with no saved copy of the download. If you choose to save it, it is saved wherever you indicated for it to be saved. In any case, I hope I'n not writing nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CG: You are correct, download + save instead of running lets YOU tell the download process where to save the file

Of course, that does mean that the person doing the download has to actually LOOK at the message and pay attention to where they are putting the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the OP is talking about Abobe's built-in updater which starts up (on Windows) when you launch one of their update-able products, and scans your system for available updates to as many Adobe applications as it can, all in one fell swoop. This is intended to be helpful, until you want manual intervention - like the OP is asking.

While this is the wrong forum for this discussion, I'm not sure where the right one is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobePatchFiles

Example:

------

Répertoire de C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobePatchFiles\{F2323FC8-C86B-42C9-BFBD-6C7DFC41F670}

2009-09-28  16:47    <REP>          .
2009-09-28  16:47    <REP>          ..
2008-07-31  10:15             5 731 05c1b0bd292c1bac9682e39230095c35
2008-07-31  10:15           267 660 0959b44327dfbec7706ab3365105f6a4
2008-07-31  12:50         1 168 760 0e78ee952fe39fbdab6b7169a7112b12
---

etc

-----------

81 fichier(s)       19 366 926 octets

Total des fichiers listés :
             380 fichier(s)      126 920 484 octets

JPD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok! Here a right answer, in case OS Windows XP.   Files stored here: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Updater5\Install

Not sure if Updater keep them after istallation, but at time when it download Updates, files stored in this directory.

Hope it help. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines