• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We were down?

Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About an hour and a half ago, I was unable to get into the forums.

Below is a screenshot of what it looked like (Illustrator).

I tried ticking New>Discussion (in the strange appearance of this forum), but the everything remained the same, although there seemed to be a link.

I wondered whether this was the great upgrade, but obviously not.

Were we (plural) down?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2011 Jun 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's the message I was talking about. The second one you mention (my previous message in this thread), was posted at 7:20 AM local, which would be 11:20 GMT. Could the time difference you observe be in here?

Received: from 127.0.0.1  (EHLO mail.sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com) (209.46.39.252)
  by mta1120.mail.sk1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sat, 25 Jun 2011 04:20:42 -0700
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 05:20:37 -0600

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2011 Jun 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

None of us works the forums so continuously that we would certainly notice even a 10 minute system-wide hit.

Speak for yourself Noel...

Heh, yeah, Mr. 38,000 posts.  I thought I was pretty dedicated to this place but my participation pales compared to yours.

But I'll bet occasionally even you type a response that takes more than 10 minutes.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'll bet occasionally even you type a response that takes more than 10 minutes.

Heck, even though I am a good typist (going back to the Royal manual days), most posts take that long, especially if I need to find my articles to link to, or need to locate a PNG/JPEG with the screen-cap needed.

Now, I usually have several Adobe forum tabs open, and navigate between them frequently, plus I have yet to take a moment and hook up my Wireless N router, so am usually working on a laptop with Wireless G. I might not notice things that some of you will. I am also not doing any benchmarking, so "slower," or "faster" is an impression, but one built up from years on the forums. Still, seat-o-the-pants sort of stuff.

Hunt

BTW- remember that I spread myself over several product forums, so it's not quite like a person, who only hangs in the Flash forum, for instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

I tried to get into some of the forums a few times, and gave up rather quicly, having other things to do after a long day in the fields uprooting ragworts. But DWILCOX01 had a long hit at the same time.

Maybe it was a hit over here, since no one over there has reported anything like it. We have seen local strangenesses quite a few times in the past. Usually it is better over here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seemingly, there are some gaps in the space time.

Having CET/CED time here (1 hour before GMT), usually I am 9 hours before the (general) forum time which is PST/PDT (8 hours after GMT), apart from differences in summer time (daylight saving time over there).

Right now, as I post this, it is 2:35 PM CED her, corresponding to 5:35 AM PDT (the time stamp of the post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines