• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What About Moderators in the New Forum?

Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the spam thread for awhile and you will see that moderation works well in these webx forums

You will also see messages concerning the LACK of moderation over in the cfusion side of things

Will the new forum software/structure allow for "this" moderation to continue, or will it fall away to "that" style of non-moderation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 316 Replies 316
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2009 Mar 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where did these little "nominations" take place and why wasn't everyone included in this? Who is the the "nominee" in the Mac Photoshop forum for instance?

Something is terribly wrong with this whole picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy,

As I wrote earlier, our forum host there, Neil, is indeed an Adobe Community Expert and has been for some time. Yet, he hasn't as much as hinted at that fact, much less ever used the title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this whole thing mean it will change to someone they somehow deem "nominated" to fill that "position"? They meaning not us...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy, I don't know the answer to that, obviously. Knowing Neil, however, I doubt very much that he would be jumping up and down at the prospect of these changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> a possibility of jealousy thrown in because you haven't been asked i to join the Community Expert Program yourself.

> That is truly laughable.

Laugh yourself silly - may release some of your aggression.

> I wouldn't join any scheme that is as pretentious, pointless and without merit as the ACE program unless I was being bribed with a very great deal of money to do so.

So a bribe is what it would take - now I'm laughing!

> I have no tolerance for the whole concept of a small self-satisfied clique awarding each other Status and Merit Marks.

Have you not read any of the posts - it is not an award given to each other or based on the number of posts, or the type of avator assigned - these credentials are awarded by Adobe itself (you know the REAL ADOBE.

If Adobe had not wanted these people to be recognised as such, they could quite easily have removed the program during the merger with MM... they continued the program - so they must see some merit in it.

This is my last response to you - you are an insufferable bigot whose posts are no longer worth reading. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> you know the REAL ADOBE

How hilarious you are. And I do not mean that as a compliment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having bestowed that title also on Jeff Schewe, an Adobe alpha tester, noted author and recognized authority well beyond the limited provincial boundaries of Adobe, is not only ludicrous but demeans and even invalidates the whole Adobe Community Expert moniker. After Bruce Fraser's untimely demise, and during the almost-one-year-long absence of Chris Cox, Jeff has been, together with folks like Ann Shelbourne, Buko, Phos±, GB, and a few others one of the main reasons for continuing to visit the Photoshop Macintosh forum.

Along with Thomas Knoll, creator of Photoshop as well as Adobe Camera Raw, Jeff is what draws me back repeatedly to the ACR forum.

This does not lessen my high regard for Neil, nor does it stem from a close friendship with Jeff, who has on occasion told me publicly to go perform an anatomically impossible act on myself. :D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nadia,
>Laugh yourself silly - may release some of your aggression.

That begs the question: have you done that yourself? I have to ask because you broadcast ambiguous signals. On the one hand, the tenor of your posts suggests a degree of silliness, which could have indeed come as a result of having laughed excessively to that extent; but, on the other hand, it obviously has not relieved you of your aggression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the sound of things I sure don't like where things seem to be headed. It just gets worse. And they justify why it should get worse....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-------
As long as ACEs get their coveted little badges so they can strut through the Forums being self-important they are happy
-------

this weird thing that you´re saying here has one huge logical gap -- it postulates *that* we´re feeling self-important

-----
I remain unimpressed with their credentials
-----

me too, and in reality everyone is unimpressed by this title, as all that counts is if we´re capable to provide something of value.

------
exploitive
------

if you think it´s you who gets exploited, just don´t use our service

-------
If these people are being used as quasi-Adobe employees they should be both PAID a salary and labelled as Adobe Paid Staff on the Forums
-------

It´s truly heart-warming to see such a huge change in your attitude towards us, but rest assured: we´re probably even better off not being Adobe employess, as this gives us some independency which we´d otherwise certainly not have.

Most of us are self-employed or on a payroll since years anyway, so why swapping our own "outside adobe" careers we worked for that long ?

----
they should drop these pointless and misleading labels
-----

while they might be pointless to you and some others, they are definitely not misleading, as Adobe has provided a clear definition of what Community Experts are and what we are not.

Again, you are not at all getting forced to accept what we are and do, and it´s up to you to avoid using our service. Just ignore us, as we will most likely be ignoring you under the current circumszances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Cindy -

you know the REAL ADOBE

> How hilarious you are. And I do not mean that as a compliment.

Laugh yourself silly also. As for compliments - don't need them and wouldn't expect any going by the attitude displayed here.

If you read back over the posts, you'll see that Ann is the one that keeps referring to the REAL ADOBE (whatever the heck that means) - I was only shouting back at her.

As for the Community Experts program, maybe do a search of the Adobe site and be better informed before posting things you know nothing about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish these so-called aces would learn how to format quotes!<br /><br />Incidentally, where are all the non-aces from the other side?<br /><br />We seem to be hearing solely from a bunch of invited heavies who have been invited in to spread their dubious forum philosophy.<br /><br />And of course Dorothy, who always claims to know just a little bit more than normal mortals.<br /><br />As I said about 100 posts ago this horse is now dead.<br /><br />I only came back to wonder at the insular and ill informed ranting.<br /><br /><span style="font-size:0.75em"><span style="color:#e8e8e8">(<Goes off to get on with something useful.></span></span>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Laugh yourself silly - may release some of your aggression.

> That begs the question: have you done that yourself?

Yes most definitely, all this spewing of animosity is terribly amusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste from the Adobe site:

The Adobe Community Experts Program is a community based program made up of Adobe customers who share their product expertise with the world-wide Adobe community. The Adobe Community Experts' mission is to provide high caliber peer-to-peer communication educating and improving the product skills of Adobe customers worldwide.

All Adobe Community Experts are expected to exemplify the program fundamentals of product proficiency, enthusiasm, and professionalism towards Adobe and our customer base. In addition, Adobe Community Experts agree to be active contributors to the Adobe world-wide community by:

* Engaging in peer to peer support in the Adobe forums
* Posting information and technical support in their favorite online community
* Writing articles for professional publications
* Presenting Adobe product presentations at conferences and user groups

I must need new computer glasses. I don't see anything about appending the Adobe Community Expert moniker to their posts or after their names. :/

Or maybe things look different when you're hanging upside down in the Southern Hemisphere. :D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it didn't succeed as far as relieving you of aggression, just in the other aspect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramon,

------
Das glaube ich kaum. Your "fellow countrymen", in my considerable experience, are a hell of a lot smarter than you are, as an individual.
------

only if you´re summing them all up ;-)

-------
They will need no explanations from me
-------

well, you clearly associated me with being a Nazi without any reason, and the non-nazi germans are indeed pretty sensible when this happens, because those who exhibit such a behaviour are traditionally also the ones who have no problems extending this to everyone out of the blue.

-----
German blood flows through my veins
-----

that´s alright, but you nonetheless didn´t seem to have understood some fundamental aspects in this regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ... terribly amusing.

No, not amusing but sadly pathetic. Grow up you lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do recognise one thing very clearly from the posts of Nadia, and some of the other so called ACEs who have posted here: namely that those people strutting around self-importantly wearing their silly little badges will add absolutely nothing of value but only some unnecessary clutter to the ADOBE Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUMMONAMITCH!!!!

I miss Bruce. All I ever wanted to do was jam improv music with him, and relegate talk of color and Photoshop to a tertiary topic of conversation, late night. Over killer Scotch and good food. Perhaps at Schewe's little hut.

Fraser was one of the few of the vaunted über-Menches I wanted to meet.

I guess I'll have to make do with Ihnatko now. And Monroy...he's right up my alley.

😉 %D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter,

Why not make an effort to format quotes? Your posts are hard to read.

As an Expert you should at least know how to format a quote. (Ask Nadia if you don't. She does.)

Anyway you must be relatively young. Did you actually live through the Third Reich? I did, I even was in Hitler's presence as a young boy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "Why not make an effort to format quotes? Your posts are hard to read."

Oooooohhh, good call, RGC! Simple HTML is easy enough to learn. NNTP regulars don't get it, because they don;t have to. But maybe we'll all be relieved of that burden of learning when the button-o-matic mark-up formatting becomes the norm, post Web-X.

[where's the emoticon for snarky sarcasm?]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently moderation of this forum is in the hands of "Forum Operations" personally as it's important that Adobe get to see the full flavour of responses without prior editing by individual forum hosts.

That seems to me to present an opportunity for contributors to the thread to demonstrate their ability to function responsibly within such an environment, but a number of posts have fallen far short of hoped-for standards of discussion - and certain sectors of the overall forums population are not looking too impressive at present. It's extremely counter-productive and makes it very hard to for the rest of us to get valid points heard if the decision makers are getting deafened by the noise here.

This is pretty routine and to be expected when internet forum communities undergo significant change, and consequently little weight is given to that kind of post, but none the less, less predictable behaviour would have been good to see. Ah well.

In particular, apart from any insults being unacceptable, insults other than in English are completely out of order. It has the effect of undermining the acceptance of essential non-English interchanges in the normal forums, as it's not possible to determine the acceptability of what is being said. More foot shooting. Please don't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter,

You misunderstood. I did not associate you with the Nazis. I likened the silliness of the Adobe Community Expert badge to the vacuousness of the Ritterkreuz medal and the Hakenkreuz arm band.

I just looked you up. Yes you're young enough to be my son, no you didn't experience any of the Nazi horrors and you probably barely remember Konrad Adenauer, much less Adolf Hitler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oz,

A little knowledge is a very dangeous ground on which to issue pronouncements of any kind.

There have been no insults "other than in English". I mention the medal of the Order of The Knights of the Knights Templar (the Ritterkreuz) and the swastika ( Hakenkreuz) armband, comparing the silliness of the Adobe Community Expert badge to the vacuousness of the Ritterkreuz medal and the Hakenkreuz arm band.

Use machine translation, if necessary, before opining next time.

[EDITED insignificant typos only.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But offence was, unsurprisingly, taken. Use English, please, next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines