Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the logic behind...

Sep 19, 2009 Sep 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the logic behind removing the name "user to user forums" to just "forums"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

It would be more interesting if you changed your username to "Adobe" and pretended that you were Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harron K. Appleman wrote:

What is the logic behind removing the name "user to user forums" to just "forums"?

Think about it.

How does it benefit Adobe to inform visitors that this is a user-to-user forum?

If you're a regular and already know this is a u2u exchange, you're unaffected by this change.

If you're a new visitor, frustrated by product and/or support issues, and rail against Adobe here, any number of forum participants will jump on your case and set you straight.

If you're a new visitor and receive a helpful answer from someone you mistakenly believe to be an official Adobe representative, it is to Adobe's advantage to have you continue to believe you received competent company support.

It's win-win-win for Adobe,,, hence, an excellent corporate decision.

Yes, but Harron, it's deception on the part of Adobe.  By clearly stating it's a User to User forum, Adobe is letting the visitor know who they are getting help  from.  By saying it's Adobe Forums and not U2U, they are implying the visitor will get company help, which they are not.  This is a business decision that could come back to bite them in the backsides if enough folks are frustrated at not getting to Adobe company help through the Adobe Forums (as they were led to believe).

Clearly a double-edged sword and leans on the side of dishonesty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have sort of tiptoed around Your (more than one) comments by putting this notice on the Adobe Forums main page.

Adobe Forums

Adobe Forums provide an interactive online environment for vibrant discussion of Adobe products and related topics, where Adobe users exchange questions, offer ideas and suggestions, and share tips and tricks.

Forums are a great source for education and troubleshooting, and are an alternative to Adobe’s official customer support channels. If you require one-on-one assistance or prefer to contact Adobe Customer Care directly, please visit the support programs page.

Now whether anybody actually reads it. I have my serious doubts except people like me  Who reads any of the notices if any, on a page. Most new people as soon as they get to forum page they choose a place to post. Not even seeing the notice. So its still false advertising.

(Underline I added in the quote above.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Now whether anybody actually reads it. I have my serious doubts

Some people don't even read what they've written themselves! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true. then there are those like myself, think I am typing what I am think of in my mind (what I intended to say). And even proof it half a dozen times before sending. And don't see the errors until after its posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

That's true. then there are those like myself, think I am typing what I am think of in my mind (what I intended to say). And even proof it half a dozen times before sending. And don't see the errors until after its posted.

Be careful, Phillip. You might be reprimanded for repeatedly posting this same off topic information in different threads...

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: last minute addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 29, 2009 Sep 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but Harron, it's deception on the part of Adobe.

Of course, it is. I'm not sure what your point is, Greenjum. Are you genuinely surprised that Adobe would stoop to deception?

I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

-- Captain Renault

Paint me cynical, but I was merely trying to provide an answer to the OP's question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2009 Sep 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe we should write at the end of a post response that "I am a user and not a adobe employee" or something to that effect. That way posters will know they are not being helped by Adobe but by everyday users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure nearly everyone blows past this, but it is listed on the main entry page of the forums.

Click the image below for possibly larger (and clearer) view.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in a sarcastic mood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL! Then you might like this link! (I do)

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too funny.

RoboWizard wrote:

LOL! Then you might like this link! (I do)

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

LOL. 'Ol Phillip took you seriously.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/499805?tstart=0

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/499680?tstart=0

Now he just looks silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

Now he just looks silly.

Just Now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Just Now?

roflol.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops.

~graffiti wrote:

dec9 wrote:

LOL. 'Ol Phillip took you seriously.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/499805?tstart=0

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/499680?tstart=0

Now he just looks silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it was sarcasm, but since the Groups are no longer know as User to user Forums. It sounded like a great idea. So, I  will continue to do this from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the spirit!

You go girl!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 06, 2009 Oct 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response again to the original post...

Has anyone noticed the recent abundance of posts from Employees? I've seen many today and am just wondering if something has changed and/or if this is going to be a normal thing from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

In response again to the original post...

Has anyone noticed the recent abundance of posts from Employees?

Actually I have. Well since Adobe drove away all the pros they are probably requiring employees to fill the void. The problem with that is the pros had real world experience to draw their knowledge from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably. I have seen several posts in the CS forums that are linking the users to other posts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines