• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who is Bob Dix?

Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All over the forums I can postings of Bob Dix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Right. Every time shut down SeaMonkey, FireFox, or Chrome and reopen after a few hours I have to re-sig in.

It becoming agrivating.

I don't know if its in node 1-or 501 all I know is the sign in server is screwed up.

My suggestion would be if the new upgrade is causing all this grief, wouldn't be prudent to Roll back to that they had before they started Upgrade and scrap the upgrade altogether.

(If it ain't broke, Don't fix it!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing Kurt's profile correctly as of right now - can you confirm you are too?

Claudio González wrote:

Thanks for the info, Terri; that's certainly good news. Pity that, in spite of the restarting of Node 5 -whatever that may mean- Kurt's profile hasn't changed, and there is no number of posts or registration date under his avatar. And I suspect that Phillip's problem -which is perhaps quite a different matter- hasn't been solved yet.

@Phillip - Jive doesn't handle sign-in to the forums as your account is linked to your AdobeID, however there is a handshake between Adobe's identity server and the Jive CDN. If this fails to complete then you can indeed enter a redirection loop. Once the forums are playing ball again I'll raise the issue. Similarly if the CDN resets your login cookie will be rejected.

Current state of play = while N5 has been rebooted we may not be out of the woods, as some users are still reporting their posts as showing the wrong usernames. If anyone else sees a problem please report it here, but if things are working properly for you, with respect we don't need to know. Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I see two separate issues regarding Kurt's profile:

1. In the pop-up profile one gets when placing one's cursor over his avatar or name, one reads: "Member since: (Private)". I understand this information is not user-modifiable, and even think that it may not be in the forum's database, but in the Adobe one.
  2. In his full profile, this message, posted by him but attributed to Ben Hutchinson http://forums.adobe.com/message/4786808#4786808 is not in his list of posts. It is, however, listed in Ben Hutchinson's full profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to sign in once again today. I've repeatedly removed all adobe Cookies over and over and seems not to help.

I've used these steps.

1. Removed all Adobe cookies.
  2. Closed SeaMonkey or Firefox (don't know where cookies are for chrome).
  3. wait a while. then restart computer.
  4. Then reopen and attempt to sign in
  5. I sign into to adobe first.
  6. Quit adobe.com then go to forums and trys to sign in.
  7. Sometimes I get the endless loop.
  8. Sometimes I am able to get to sin in I have to re key my id and password
  9. If I get in I am signed in for just that session (as long as I don't quit FireFox, or SeaMonke)

If I quit and quit Computer Then I have to do it all over again.

Gets old fast.  Until this last Update know one knew about. I had had this issue in about 3-4years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Kurt's profile hasn't changed, and there is no number of posts or registration date under his avatar.

As far as I remember, that issue was there before the latest fun, as was the extraordinary avatar. It is (still) possible to hover and see but rather strange.

As I have understood it (from the explanation Dave gave), Node 5 is one of the (key) servers in in the Jive network, the one that misbehaved.

Edit: Hi Dave.

Dave, as mentioned above, we have the following persistent strangeness(es) round Kurt:

• The avatar is blank (not even the greyed outline) and nothing shows under it in the thread list; hovering over it (in the thread list in the Profile, and under Stuff), you can see the missing details as ususal;
  • The Profile is rather empty (no Member Since, no Last Logged In, nothing except the name and the +++ beside the large blank image, which is also without the greyed outline.

As I said, as far as I remember the issue is dating quite some time back, thus unrelated to the Node issue.

I doubt whether Kurt is concerned about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kurt's avatar is actually being shown but it's a blank image. I don't know if he uploaded it like that, but it's "correct" in the sense that you're seeing what's in the file - a bunch of white pixels.

As to the profile, the info is all there but his profile privacy settings might be affecting what you can see.

Jacob Bugge wrote:

• The avatar is blank (not even the greyed outline) and nothing shows under it in the thread list; hovering over it (in the thread list in the Profile, and under Stuff), you can see the missing details as ususal;
  • The Profile is rather empty (no Member Since, no Last Logged In, nothing except the name and the +++ beside the large blank image, which is also without the greyed outline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Thank you, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gorgeous twists and turns. Thank you very much.

Just trying to avoid another myth, a little clarification: It was my intention to show a blank avatar because – inside forums – I don't like too many colourful thumbnails. I cannot prohibit them at all, but at least I can set my own one to grey.

People who've got eagle eyes, however, may explore something inside my grey wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave, it's very likely that the fault lies in my English, but I don't seem to be following you. Are you saying that, when you look at Kurt's full profile, you see this message listed there?

disagree.JPG

(Kurt mentioned this post in his message #16; and I have reported at least twice in this thread that the message in not in the list in Kurt's profile, but it is in the list of Ben Hutchinson).

And that Kurt's privacy settings may be preventing us from seeing the number of his posts and his registration date, two things that I thought were not modifiable by users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines