• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will international forums be maintained?

LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the last fiasco, the French and Spanish ex-Adobe forums simply vanished, only to reappear after things were restored to their previous state. If anyone trusts my memory, I would say that the ex-MM forums remained untouched in that period.

Is anyone visiting these forums in a position to say if there is any intention of keeping all/some/none of the international forums? I am aware that there would be technichal problems such as combining both sets of forums for each language, but they should be no more difficult to solve than in the "normal" forums.

I also know that the number of participants in the Spain (Adobe) forum is small, but the forum is a great service for all of those who don't know any English. I imagine the situation is very similar at least for the France (Adobe) forum. It would be a pity to loose them.

Finally, if they are going to be kept, this would be a good time to translate properly all of their fixed text.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2009 Feb 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there was (actually still is) a Spain forum on the Macromedia side. But the timeframe we are talking about was a year or two before the Macromedia merger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was out for a couple of days.

So it is evident that the history of the Adobe (Spain) forum is much more complex than I ever suspected. However, my point has (I hope) much less to do with the past than with the future.

My point is that there is an existing Adobe (Spain) forum and that is serving a useful if somewhat modest service, regardless of how it came to be what it is. In my own personal opinion, it is also evident that, for many years, this forum has received no institutional support either from Adobe Spain or just plain Adobe. I am not counting the continuous support that JC has unfailingly given to any reasonable modest suggestion I have made to obtain small improvements, because this has been a truly combined one-to-one effort for which I thank him.

And precisely because of the above, I would feel it as an almost personal defeat if the Adobe (Spain) ceased to exist when the big change is implemented. I thik the change would be an excellent occasion to renew that forum, to make it more useful, and to publicise it as I feel it should have always been publicised but never was. I don't doubt that the forum would then flourish and grow to what it should have been during these years.

And yes, I do strongly believe that at my age I have the right to daydream as much as I like. Hope is the last thing one should ever lose, and I am still candid enough to live according to this old fashioned belief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2009 Mar 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No comment? :-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio, would it be enough to say that I would be amazed if there were not a forum in Spanish available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would amaze me is if traffic in the Spanish forums increased. :/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak for Claudio, of course, but personally I do not find such answers 'enough'. As a host you may or may not know more than we do - you have referred to working on 'almost zero' information although you edited it out.

It would be helpful if you would tell us only what you *know*, or if you *know* the answers to some questions or are not at liberty to say.

It is most unfair to simply post your speculations, since your 'host' status may lead people to give too much weight to them. If you're as much in the dark as we are, there's no point answering at all.

'I would be amazed if' sounds like a kind of nudge-nudge-hint-hint answer - do you *know* whether the international forums will continue or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2009 Mar 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Claudio, would it be enough to say that I would be amazed if there were not a forum in Spanish available?

Unfortunately, no. From what I have read in other threads in this forum, I am becoming more pesimistic each passing day. And, of course, what JC has told us about the genesis of the forum in Spanish isn't at all encouraging, as it clearly explains why Adobe Spain has never got involved ot promoted that forum. Without their help, traffic there will never increase. And the very scarce traffic could be a powerful argument for dropping the forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2009 Mar 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Claudio posted on Feb 23 and no one replied. He posted "No comment? :(" on March 4. I answered with what I know... that I would be amazed if there was not a forum in Spanish. If I knew for sure I could say so but I don't so I didn't.

What I almost said is that I think there are folks in the experts group who speak Spanish and someone from that group might want to host in a Spanish forum. But I won't commit that anyone will be interested and didn't want to add that tease. I haven't even broached that subject with them and won't until I know what forums are available in what languages. But there is some hope there.

And that is all that I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines