• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ZIP file attachments

Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some reason the universal and efficient ZIP file format is not allowed as attachments for forum posts? I thought this had been corrected/allowed long ago. It's just a mess to attach huge XML/ASCII content files when they can be compressed and packaged for integrity by every user here.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

probably.  but because the forums are managed by a company hired by adobe, there's no convenient way to communicate with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh. Probably the most important community I participate in, and it's a slow, clumsy, awkward platform from some corner of the 2008 internet.

There are so many good forum platforms, but we have to drag along in this one that limply pretends to be up to date with the 'social media' world, without having the advantages of either approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at least there are no major glitches this week (so far).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to see why any unpaid forum volunteer would want to mess around with Zip files.  It adds an un-welcomed layer of complexity to downloading & unpacking untrusted files to one's hard drive and then scanning them with anti-virus software to ensure they're safe to open. Thanks but no thanks. That's not what I signed up for.

Reach out to Adobe Customer Support, I'm sure they can help you. 

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea 

it's not unusual on the animate forum for us to request a problemtatic animate source (fla) file.  they're typically zipped, but uploaded to a file server because of forum limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. There may or may not be reasons to allow or not allow zip files, but I don't think I've heard an argument like that for nearly twenty years. Both platforms make it trivial to create, unpack and scan archive files, and most antivirus tools do so automatically.

I wouldn't consider file safety to be any significant factor in this. (And I've worked in commercial cybersecurity...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines