• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A backup question

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I am familiar with backing up my files, but what about my software? I am on a Mac that is over 6 years old now, had several operators and many software upgrades. If it were to crash tomorrow, how would I go about re-installing the latest software. I guess I am a bit confused because we always have to enter previous version serial numbers to upgrade. I am not sure I could track all those serial numbers down back to the beginning. Where would I begin to re-install say CS4? Do I begin with  my current version and serial number? I thought that is what someone told me some time back. I do have all the current CDs necessary to reinstall with the exception of the last upgrade of Quark 8. That was a download, which I burned to a disk after upgrading (I hope that works as a backup as well).

Sounds like a silly question, but I have never been in this situation or gave it much thought.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gal,

Maxtor Maxblast is your friend.

http://www.google.dk/search?hl=da&q=maxtor+maxblast+download&meta=&aq=1&oq=maxtor+maxblast

It creates a complete image of the entire disk(s), thus preserving everything as it is. From your backup, you can fill any entirely new harddisk(s) and go on. Obviously, you still need to backup current work as you do already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob. I will check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Gal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines