• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Print Preview be (part of) the answer?

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2009 Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this post, Forums Operations, "Just one question about basic performance" #14, 13 Feb 2009 3:45 pm, the term Print Preview seems to hold a certain promise:

>When reading messages you can click on Print Preview and see the discussion without all the other elements around it. You can add a reply from this view, too (threaded to the initial discussion topic).

If we can:

1) Set it as default in the Preferences instead of having to click repeatedly,
2) Use it to see all messages in the thread and hopefully avoid having it on different pages, and
3) Archive it as it is,

it could be (much of) what we need. Then we may let newcomers enjoy newcoming waste of space.

But can we?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. And I've seen some anomolies in the print preview (parts of messages getting cut off or munged up).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2009 Feb 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for looking into it, John. I really had some hopes about it, for all of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines