• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted post by heavy handed, colluding MVPs/Moderators

LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to have to eat your words, you weird British tax maiden.  You are the most insulting, obnoxious, irritating and presumptuous forum user I've ever run across.   In your case, MVP stands for Most Vicious Person!

You think you know everything but you know nothing, zilch!

Now you dare call me a liar without any foundation at all!    I shall report this as ABUSE.

Here's the thread in question:

Added text with type tool matches photo resolution

Go read it, if you think you have an ounce of human decency left in your weak bones.

Notice the thread starter, which is the only one that can award points, is Mary Lou Frost.

Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 3.49.11 PM.png

By marking her "thank you" post as the correct answer she has inded given herself the points.

A couple of posts later, I remark as follows:

<image sabotaged>

You can easily recognize my avatar even in the screen shots, which naturally reflect my real email name rather than station_two.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

missing image from previous post, proving a user has marked her own post as correct:

Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 4.02.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Station_two,

While a user can mark their own answers as correct, it does not generate any points when they do. There is a bug in Jive (the forum software), that is currently showing the points assigned to yourself for all users when you mouse over any avatar. The only way to see a user's actual point count is to go to their profile page.

There is a second bug, or possibly it is a feature, in the forum software where users see their real names rather than their screen names on their own screens, but rest assured that if you crave anonymity other users see only your screen name unless you do a screen capture and choose not to remove your name from the image manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter Spier wrote:

Station_two,

…There is a second bug, or possibly it is a feature, in the forum software where users see their real names rather than their screen names on their own screens, but rest assured that if you crave anonymity other users see only your screen name unless you do a screen capture and choose not to remove your name from the image manually.

Thank you for the courtesy of your reply.

That's what I did, Peter, I posted screenshots showing my email address without blacking it out.  I also posted my original now read-only account (created July 27, 2006) showing a total of 1,465 points,  and one deactivated account, created August 22 2009, where I'm credited with 1,960 points.  Anyone with host or moderator permissions can verify those. My current account, active since May 12,2012 shows 1,480 points.  That's a combined total of 4,905 points that mean and have always meant zilch to me.  I had to look them up today.

When the pertinent Firefox add-on scripts managed variously by Grease Monkey and/or Stylish still worked on forum software, I had them set up even to hide avatars, points, and silly little tags like "Staff, Community Expert" and MVP.  I never even thought about the points or cared one bit about them.

The only way to see a user's actual point count is to go to their profile page.

Unless, or even if, I had known about that umpteenth bug, I would not have had any incentive to dig that deeply.  Thank you for the enlightenment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to get your facts right.  you first said and I quote:

A user replied to me saying "That is the information I needed", then went ahead and marked her own abswer as "correct", giving herself the points.

Now looking at Mary's profile, she hasn't got any points.  So could you explain what made you say she gave herself points?  Her profile is at this link:

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mary%20Lou%20Frost>

Also, are you always angry when people correct your mistakes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who cares about points...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

Who cares about points...?

I absolutely don't, Pat.

I was merely following up on one of the reasons why the point system itself is screwed up.

I'm surprised I was able to post this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines