• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Didn't think you'd keep him out long

Advocate ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If any hosts want to play Todie's game again, he's ready: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2293753#2293753

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

[edited for content]

Baiting and name-calling are not OK. Stop that.

Message was edited by: Jochem van Dieten

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two ways of dealing with a troll

• keep it interested - reply to it, discuss it, hate it, and it will keep appearing again and again;
  • ignore it completely, and it will grow bored, and eventually turn to other venues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

• ignore it completely, and it will grow bored, and eventually turn to other venues.

I've been ignoring LT for years, first with a newsreader/killfile, and then with dave milbut's AFplonkjive script.

Never undersetimate LT's tenacity, I've probably banned about two dozen different logins by him.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, and there's tons of other free anon proxies out there.  That's why IP banning won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2009 Oct 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

[edited for conten]

Please don't repost / quote offensive content

wow LT, you're keeping pretty busy!

Jochem,

please tell me what I reposted/quoted in my one line comment?

Let me give a little history:  I have been around the forum for a long time.  I am aware that LT posts inappropriate things.  I am aware that he constantly tries to circumvent the banning process and creates new userids more often than some folks breathe.  So what was wrong with knowing all that information and commenting that he must be keeping busy, in a thread that is talking about that very thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote on 10/11/2009 3:33 PM:

please tell me what I reposted/quoted in my one line comment?

You didn't post a one line comment. You posted a 6 line quote (which got

removed) and one line from yourself added to that.

Let me give a little history: I have been around the forum for a long time. I am aware that LT posts inappropriate things.

So if you are aware of that, don't quote and repeat them. Use the report

abuse link and let the moderators handle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I quoted him, well, then I am sorry, BUT, I don't recall quoting offensive content.

But to turn my comment into Adobe for abusive content ... now *there's* a leap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopper,

Yeah. You quoted a pretty nasty comment (about Buko).

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote:

Hopper,

Yeah. You quoted a pretty nasty comment (about Buko).

Harbs

well, then I am sorry and I stand corrected.

I still don't think my post deserved to be sent in for Abuse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmmmmm............. make that 10 to zip now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a legacy thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[edited for content]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a matter of can do, not will do. Anyone determined enough will be able to return, with the current blocking capabilities being what they are.

So, since this thread has outlived it's usefulness, anyone want to explain the history of this guy's infamy in 10 sentences or less?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just persistently abusive, has been for years. Been banned over and over but always finds a way back. Allegedly now on a permanent ban.

Short enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have a few sentences left to explain the specifics of the abuse, to the overly and inappropriately curious.   And where is the name from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, since this thread has outlived it's usefulness, anyone want to explain the history of this guy's infamy in 10 sentences or less?

He is a right wing reactionary who happens to be a designer and is probably frustrated by the politics of the people who inhabit his chosen profession, and who takes his political frustrations out on the adobe forums lounge.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Name's Todie (last name). People show disdain by [edited for content]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Least he loves his mother......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone took away my post about reblocking LT's login.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone probably gave Todie Moderating Status

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[edited for content]

Baiting and name-calling are not OK. Stop that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[edited for content]

Or, actually anyone else... Ramon is not abusive... cut and dried yes, but not too fond of fools!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got that right!!

[edited for content]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2009 Oct 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone knowing Ramón knows that he knows enough to come back again not matter what method has been used to ban him permanently, if he so wished, but also knows he would never do such a thing. He explicitly and clearly resigned before being banned, so he is not very likely to come back, ban or no ban. Pity, because his over 11,000 points -meaningless as they may be- paint a picture of him that's completely different from the one some moderators and users have being painting of him in other threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking of people leaving the forum, someone mentioned that many "ended up in the same place".  I'm assuming that most of them were Photoshop people... is that same place this: http://www.photoshopforums.com/

I only ask because if I ever do purchase PS (been considering for years), it'd be nice to know where the 10+ year (etc) experts all migrated to.  Especially if the forums don't say "you're jived" on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannon has a good site that I just loiter around in sometimes. People share ideas there too.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

Ansury wrote:

Speaking of people leaving the forum, someone mentioned that many "ended up in the same place".  I'm assuming that most of them were Photoshop people... is that same place this: http://www.photoshopforums.com/

I only ask because if I ever do purchase PS (been considering for years), it'd be nice to know where the 10+ year (etc) experts all migrated to.  Especially if the forums don't say "you're jived" on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines