• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How about more than 12 months?

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a lot of great technical information in this forum--I refer to it frequently. Only migrating one year of it is not enough, I think. Why can't all of it be migrated?

Cheers!

-- Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it works here with or without the slash after the first URL. Do you know the folks at Pixentral to ask them about this?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geebus, John...can I take some Photoshop illustration lessons from you?

Purty pleeeeaaassse!!!

;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that! I had to create that for someone this morning and it was convenient. I'll go change it for another one...

Now, about that extra "/" in the Pixentral HTML code...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've noticed that too. i think it has something to do with validating the page as xhtml 1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, can you please find and fix whatever is making this topic wider then my 17" monitor. Thanks! I'll come back and read it when I don't have to scroll back and forth for every line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks good here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No width problems here, either. I'm viewing all 55 replies on one screen as I type this.

Dorothy...What browser are you using which displays the stretched table(s)? I'll bet it's those recent posts with the long Pixentral URL's that are mucking it up for you.

JFYI, Firefox 3.x now wraps lines on overly long URLs so that they don't break the forum tables. Sooo, maybe that's something that'll help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking back... it's dave milbut, "How about more than 12 months?" #47, 23 Feb 2009 4:06 pm

I've still got Foxfire 2.something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> i think it has something to do with validating the page as xhtml 1.0

I added a space before the br in the tags below so they won't add a line space!

I think what you are referring to is that in XHTML, a tag that does not require a closing tag (e.g. < br >) must be self-closing (< br />).

The a tag has a closing tag, so would not need (and should not have) an extra forward slash at the end.

Also, when used, the trailing slash is separated by a space from the text before.

The looks more like a slash to escape the closing >. But why? Nothing else is being escaped. I wonder if they are doing some server side processing of the code and this is a hack/fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Dorothy...

The upgrade to Firefox 3.x (I think it's at 3.0.4 right now) is strongly recommended, for security reasons and because it's generally faster and more accurate at rendering pages as the W3C recommends.

Plus, those long URLs won't stretch the forums like Marlon Brando in a unitard!

%D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 24, 2009 Feb 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>The upgrade to Firefox 3.x (I think it's at 3.0.4 right now)

3.0.6 actually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK, you may have to change the screen resolution. On the LCD display I am running here at 1280 X 1040, the view only takes about 5/8ths of the screen width. It just about fills my notebook at 1040 X 768. On my 24" desktop monitor at work, the forum only takes about 1/2 the screen. Thus it appears to be a fixed width display. For a fixed with, changing the resolution will do the job. In fact, looking at the source the width seems to be that of a table at "width=680". That is consistent with the screen resolution I have on this system.

It may be that making the width floating may not be that easy (depends on the software that generates the forum - one of the issues of changing!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless JC can upgrade your browser for you, DK, you're stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No chance she's using something called Foxfire. ;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, I forgot ;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I've still got Foxfire 2.something.

ah ya. firefox 3 wraps them. sorry. :)

> like Marlon Brando in a unitard!

seen arnold lately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>ah ya. firefox 3 wraps them. sorry.

You wrote that too???!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, i get around! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've got older versions of a lot of things, I've also got newer versions. Part of the reason is that I want to see things as an average user might, but in this case, and in that browser, I use a plug-in to Firefox for some of my other volunteer work, and that plug in hasn't been stabilized to work in ver 3. So I've avoided upgrading on that computer, and probably will until they tell us the plug-in is ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines