Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why merge some, but no others?

Jay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tweaking will be ongoing. You have specific suggestions to make?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have a question, which is why I asked it. Another question how is it that this thread is marked as possibly answered? Who is that determines that?

Again Dorothy, if you do not know the answer to the question, please don't pretend that you do.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay_Chevako wrote:

Again Dorothy, if you do not know the answer to the question, please don't pretend that you do.

Jay

Rather harsh Jay. I saw nothing in Dorothy's answer that indicated that she was pretending to answer something she didn't know about. Or is this just another sling in an ongoing issue?

I think Dorothy has done a fairly good job in responding to the increased traffic in these forums since the beta started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some product teams asked to have forums tweaked.

And "possibly answered" just means it has one or more replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you can see that without the annotation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox wrote:

Some product teams asked to have forums tweaked.

That makes sense given the seeming randomness of the meged forums.

I'll still have to get used to this awkward possible answered and star system.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll still have to get used to this awkward possible answered and star system.

Jay

Like a lot of the visual frippery you can just ignore it and focus on what you want to see.

I don't think much of it either and have said so, just like loads of other disgruntled users.

But it's time to leave JC to mull over all the comments and decide what to do about them.

We should remember he has to read them all and it must get a bit tedious after the nth repetition.

Nothing personal Jay, I just wanted to make a general point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay_Chevako wrote:

Why merge some, but no others?

Jay

did i miss something? what forums are merging jay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the win and mac versions of the product forums, like pagemaker and indesign, but not the photoshop forums.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay_Chevako wrote:

Some of the win and mac versions of the product forums, like pagemaker and indesign, but not the photoshop forums.

Jay

Decisions were made based on a lot of feedback and observations. A lot of it is how much cross referencing there is side to side and if it makes sense to combine them if it doesn't make much difference whether you are Mac or PC. In the case of Photoshop in particular, there was also the factor of whether participants in each side will play nice together. The answer to that, mostly from the hosts that spend time there (more then just a couple), was a resounding no.

It's pretty easy to move stuff around here (though probably confusing as all get-out when stuff changes!) I haven't seen a list of all that's been combined or dropped, and I don't know all the factors that went into some of the decisions but the most basic is whether there is a need to maintain separation and how much use various forums have been getting. So, again, feel free to discuss and make suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was a much better answer, Thank you.

It makes perfect sense in the walking dead pagemaker forum, but we are already seeing a bunch of platform silliness, mostly in this forum.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay_Chevako wrote:

Jay

ah so. i suppose the ps forums generate way too much traffic to combine. good thing. we don't need no steenkin maccies tracking unicorn tears all over our nice sleek forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines