Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OOP section in flash action script 3

Dec 13, 2009 Dec 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for adobe to add a sub section to the flash action script forums, OOP?

where developers of the language can further progress the use of OOP?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iFezec wrote on 12/13/2009 8:40 PM:

Is it possible for adobe to add a sub section to the flash action script forums, OOP?

where developers of the language can further progress the use of OOP?

Technically any forum can be added you want. The question is whether

there is sufficient interest and differentiation from the other AS3 forums.

With your description I am unclear what exactly the target audience of

said forums would be. Your "developers of the language" points to the

Adobe people who develop AS, while "the use of OOP" points more towards

design patterns? In either case, when I look at the first three page of

the AS3 forum I see no threads that strike me as very much OOP releated,

so I doubt there is sufficient audience.

Could you elaborate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you are correct that anyone can post whatever they wish, but organization and following are best when seperated.

Though you do not find the top few pages related to object oriented programming, this does not mean the audience is lacking, it is just not in the right forums perhaps, but there are infact people who are asking such said questions.

Sure design patterns could fall into this catagory, but i also ask for questions regarding just to the object.  Where people could discuss all things oop from what patterns solve this, to how many object should this be turned into.

Your statement brings up a new question regarding the addition of a forum, do you only create area of topics if there is a suffecient audience, It is after all flash related.

The forum AS3 perhaps eludes merely to the api as Flash Media Server eludes merely to the concept of FMS though FMS currently is now AS3 lingo.

So seperation is clearly important.  AS3 is not necessarily the place to speak of OOP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New forum requests usually come from the product teams. I will see what I can  find out from them.

I understand where Jochem is coming from. In the past we've tried to go more  granular with subforums, but in most cases the users complained and wanted to go  back to a more flat structure. There has also been the issue of forums with  little participation becoming havens for people posting spam (probably to get  their links associated with a large site).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can respect that although I find it hard to comprehend that than rather building up a mature audience of a community that gravitates around it: who flock to other blogs and sites to receive those answers, are left to continue to do so only to have a larger community of more novice questions.

In the same justification fms encoding only has 20 posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2009 Dec 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think an OOP board will accomplish what you want. People would keep on not using OOP and just use the AS3 forum and ignore the OOP forum. You'll have to win the battles of converting people to OOP in the AS3 forum. That said, if there were an OOP forum, you could try to direct people to it. In any case, I think it's an uphill battle, even though it's the way to go. I think we need some articles that show the OOP way so that users can see the clean code and reuse it. Is that available somewhere?

I guess I'd be willing to try an OOP forum, but I wouldn't have high expectations. Maybe the guys here that help out a lot could use it as a place to direct people to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines