• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Things that need to be fixed with email...

LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I don't care how, but the mail must be sent in a format which is grouped by threads in email clients. The current way it's received makes replying by email almost impossible. It's extremely difficult to keep track of threads.

2) We need to receive emails of our own posts!

3) Shorten the subject to something normal.

4) Scrap all the garbage in the beginning of the message content. (or at the very least move it to the end of the message). The content should start from below the "message" line (below the dashed line).

5) Don't delete the email content when the user tries to quote text in a normal manner (i.e. erase all but the pertinent part of the original message).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also need to get emeail DIGESTS, with links back to the topics as we used to have. was very convenient for offline reading and storing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here to discess this very thing.  As a 'News Group User' of the older forum, I find the e-mail feature to not be sufficient to make up the removal of the NTTP feature.

I, and several like me, answered a lot more questions then we asked.  To do this, we don't hang around the web interface all day.  Rather we connected are hand news readers to the NNTP feeds.  Thus we could pruse all the new topics since the last time we had a few moments.  See any that we could help with and fire off a reply, then go on to the next message.  No back buttons, multiple web forms or any other huey that slows down serial responders.

We NNTP users may have been a small group, but we where very vocal, at least on the ColdFusion forums where I share much of my knowledge.

I can tell you, if today is the indication that this is the best that these new forums has to offer, I will not be a frequent contributor to these discussions.  And I am not alone.

I don't care if the technology uses E-mail, NNTP or RSS feeds, but it must use it correctly.  The messages must be threaded, they must be complete and understandable and we must be able to read and reply with tools other then a web browser.

I am not going to be able to help with messages like this.  It does not make sense without context to the other messages of this thread!

[Advanced Techniques] New message: "Re: post data" [1i9rpv-1np-7Qx9]

Ian Skinner,

A new message was posted in the thread "post data":

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1870239#1870239

Author  : dchard
Profile : http://forums.adobe.com/people/dchard

--------------------------------------------------------------
that I don't know...that's why I'm asking if it's possible and how. But I'm thinking is it possible to store the data on a session variable thru onclick? So that when a user pick a choice on the drop down then it will store in the session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Harbs, you said precisely what I tried to say earlier, but it got chopped by

the machinery. Ditto, redoubled in spades.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines