• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This point system is so stupid when is it going to go?

Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

posted in the InDesign forum.

Sorry folks, but word has come down from above that abuse of the point system is counter-productive. There are management types that actually believe some users see points as an incentive to provide a quality answer, and that they wouldn't do so without the points, but that's not a widely held opinion among hosts. Nevertheless, I have to lock the thread, and warn you that at some point there will be official sanctions for those who post threads with the sole purpose of gaming the point system.

If they don't want the point system abused then we need to do away with it. This forum is becoming less and less a place I want to help at. I think I will start looking for another Photoshop forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2009 Jun 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, that's not a real threat! That's why I had the original disclaimer, but in case it's not obvious, it's a joke.  Probably good advice to refrain though, I guess.

But I am underage in some sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case you're not aware already, the forum smilies to not get sent in the email notifications. Not even as standard text emoticons which is how I type them before Jive edits my post.

I can sometimes get away with adding a nose to 🙂 and it doesn't edit it, though. If I send that emoticon by email, Jive replaces it with the graphic anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that is a bit of a problem and definitely will confuse online communication.  But I'm not entirely suprised, either.

They can't even convert into a 🙂 or something... that's so lame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re points - it's not just a few grumblers in this forum From InDesign: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2011936?tstart=0#2011936

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just really sick of people always asking, at the end of a post, "And if this fixes your issue, please hook me up with some points."

I'm sure there'll be some arguments coming soon, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mostly put at end (when answering question on Acrobat Mac) If this helps or not return and let us know one way or the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

I mostly put at end (when answering question on Acrobat Mac) If this helps or not return and let us know one way or the other.

That's reasonable, and doesn't trigger my anger instincts really.  Asking for points is most annoying when it's a new update (post) specifically just to say that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko: if any of the above responses have helped you, be sure to award those points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

J Maloney wrote:

Buko: if any of the above responses have helped you, be sure to award those points.

But not this one!!!!! (tounge out smiley, for email users)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines