What ID?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm completely confused about how to register for the new forums. When I come here, there's a screen that talks about "linking your Adobe ID" to the forum ID. What is that screen talking about? When I input my e-mail address, it gave me an ID I've never knowingly used anywhere. I signed it and posted a message but now I can't get back in (and I don't want that ID anyway).

How exactly are we supposed to "link" these two forum sets and continue to use the same forum Name?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What ID?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm completely confused about how to register for the new forums. When I come here, there's a screen that talks about "linking your Adobe ID" to the forum ID. What is that screen talking about? When I input my e-mail address, it gave me an ID I've never knowingly used anywhere. I signed it and posted a message but now I can't get back in (and I don't want that ID anyway).

How exactly are we supposed to "link" these two forum sets and continue to use the same forum Name?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 27, 2009 0
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Athena, in order for the new forum software to associate the posts you have in this set of forums to the new set, they need to be linked through an Adobe account. Are you able to log into the forum at http://adobeforums.adobe.com ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole thing IS confusing!

8/

The Association thing is so that when the Threads from these Forums are added into the New Forums, any Posts that you have made here will get credited to your name in the New Forums otherwise they just get listed as being posted by "Guest".

For the moment you have to log in to these Forums as you just did using your Forum Screen Name; and you have to Log in to the New Forums using an Adobe ID Account Screen name and Password.

You can change the screen name in the Adobe ID if you want to and if you have forgotten the password for that account, just enter your e-mail address; click the Forgotten Password box; and Adobe will e-mail you a temporary password so that you can get into your account and change Screen name and password to what you want.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2009 0
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a username and login on this forum.

I have a login (which is an e-mail address) and password for the "my account" area (adobe ID) that they are trying to merge. That login does not have a screen name at this time.

If I merge these accounts, will it continue to use the screen name from THIS forum? It implies it will switch to the "adobe ID" which is an email address for most people (I thought it HAD to be?) which of course makes no sense.

I have no problem merging the accounts. But I do not want my new forum login to be based on an adobe ID that is an email account.

I read all the FAQ's, it really does not explain this well...

thanks,
BJBBJB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Mar 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The essential thing which identifies you in the 'other' Adobe forums is your login/email address, along with your password. You can change your screen name as often as you like, as long as the one you pick isn't already taken.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2009 0
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath,
I guess that was my question. So it sounds like you LOGIN with your e-mail as username but your screename is what will get displayed and your e-mail still remains private.

It also sounds like you do not automatically get the screen name on the new forum which was your login AND screen name on this old forum.

I actually thought that was what the migration was going to do...

BJBBJB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2009 0