• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MXF Corrupted --- RSV and KLV files???

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dumped footage from several cards to my hard drive a month ago.   I did a quick review and it looked like all files were in place.  I then re-formatted cards and move on to other shoots.

NOW it looks as though one clip  (Clip0072.MXF) of approx 30GB is somehow corrupted.     I see 3 files:  Clip0072.MXF, Clip0072.RSV, Clip0072.KLV.    All have "0" bytes as file size.  All are dated with the correct time/date for the shoot.

This was part of a 2 camera shoot for wedding weekend:  Rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, pre-wedding activities, wedding, and reception.   All of the good files total approx 145 GB.

The cameras were Sony PXW-X70, shooting  in XAVCHD format on  Lexar 128GB 633X cards  I've never had an issue with them before.

My GUESS is that something happened when transferring files from card to computer, or perhaps when I moved them to a different folder on the disc.

I've never seen an RSV or KLV file.

Any clues??  Have I lost that clip???

Dell XPS8900

Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00 GHz

Win 10 Pro  64-bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745

32 GB RAM

Premiere Pro CC 2017, latest updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this issue happen 3 times with the same camera.  Twice when I thought I had hit pause and removed the battery and a 3rd time when the memory card ended I tried to activate the 2nd slot without pausing it.  Amateur mistakes I wont ever make again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines