Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adobe CC isn't recognizing my computer and logs out / shuts down app

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I set up my new computer a few days ago, but every time I start Adobe CC, I need to log in again. It tells me, I've reached the device activation limit and it only can be activated on 2 devices simultaneously, so I need to sign out from one of the three which are displayed. Fact is, it's only activated on 2 devices (my old pc and the new one), but somehow it doesn't remember the new one and adds a third ("this device")!?? When I'm signing out from the new pc (middle one in the screenshot below), it seems to work till the next restart of the computer. Can somebody explain to me what happens here and how to fix it? It's really annoying to login everytime.

I did already reinstall Adobe CC with the deinstaller-tool (https://helpx.adobe.com/at/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html). Didn't do the trick.

Thanks for help!

adobe-cc-problem _support.png

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to your account (account.adobe.com)>click plans>manage plans>scroll to the bottom and deactivate the computers.  then sign in on your new computer using your cc desktop app and using the same adobe id used to manage your account.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. I tried this already twice ... unfortunately with no effect whatsoever. 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1620223142958.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines