• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Free Trial is a rip off

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not sign up for the free trial Adobe Pro if you do not intent to keep the service because even if you cancel, they keep charging you monthly. It is a complete rip off. I signed up accidentally for the 7 days free trial Adobe Pro back in April. I cancelled my membership within 2 days when I realized that I signed up. I found out in August that I was being charged since April. I called them to ask for a refund as I cancelled my membership. They told me that my subscription was for 11 months and they can only pause it for 3-months and that I am obligated for 11 months. I told them that I never signed up for a yearly membership. I cancelled the free trial subscription. They then told me that they would cancel the account but they would not reimburse me. After much discussion, they agreed to refund me for half the charges and I accepted. I thought Adobe was a reputable company and has great apps but I did not realize they could be misleading and deceptive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>signed up accidentally

How do you accidentally enter your credit card number?

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you enter your credit card number to buy a subscription... See this page for more information, including a yellow highlited section from the subscription page https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan-discussions/adobe-hidden-contract-is-disgusting/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I entered my credit card because I thought that I needed to do so in order to use the free service.  After I've done that, I realize that I did not need to sign up to use the feature that I wanted.  The site was misleading and made you feel you needed to sign up for the free trial in order to use the free service.  Nevertheless, one I realized it, I cancelled it immediatelety.  Consequently, I should not have been charged as I cancelled.  This tactic is deceptive and fradulent.  Apparently from the reviews I saw online about your free trial offer, I am not the only one who has been ripped off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This space is provided by Adobe, but this is not Adobe support
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem
This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Help Center https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html is a good place to start
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-you MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
- or by telephone https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not sign up for the free trial Adobe Pro if you do not intent to keep the service because even if you cancel, they keep charging you monthly. It is a complete rip off. I signed up accidentally for the 7 days free trial Adobe Pro back in April. I cancelled my membership within 2 days when I realized that I signed up. I found out in August that I was being charged since April. I called them to ask for a refund as I cancelled my membership. They told me that my subscription was for 11 months and they can only pause it for 3-months and that I am obligated for 11 months. I told them that I never signed up for a yearly membership. I cancelled the free trial subscription. They then told me that they would cancel the account but they would not reimburse me. After much discussion, they agreed to refund me for half the charges and I accepted. I thought Adobe was a reputable company and has great apps but I did not realize they could be misleading and deceptive.

By @jACQUELYNE25883063d1nm

You can't say that you reacted very fast when you saw that the cancellation did not work. April-May-June-July-August, that's 4 to 5 months and that is a lot for not checking the credit card. I suppose that is the problem the agent saw to agree with your story. You really should start to look regularly at your credit card statements.

(Please note that I'm not an Adobe employee)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very scammy indeed. They present it as a "risk free' trial and end up locking you into an agreement with penalties for cancelling. Won't ever buy anything from Adobe again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no risk, IF you remember to cancel during the cancellation period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jACQUELYNE25883063d1nm,

Adobe has a policy that the free trial lasts for 7days. Sometimes the users forget to cancel the trial and the money gets deducted on the 8th day then they can ask for complete refund within next 7days days which gives them a window of 14 days in total. The refund is denied only after that.

You can get more info here: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

We hope it clarifies it all. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines