• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe SCAM 1 year subscription payment

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen 40+ posts about people unknowingly signing up for an annual subscription under the guise that it's a monthly subscription. Absolutely disgusting and ridiculous that a company is allowed to operate like this. If there are hundreds of people falling victim to this these deceptive antics then it's obviously not a "clearly advertised" plan they're selling.  Absolutely 0 support in cancelling as well. If you try to cancel, they offer you a free add-on, as if they know they wronged you the first time.  Either you pay a $600 cancellation fee (pay off the entire year and get to cancel) or you continue to pay $50 a month. They split test their checkout pages so at times the plan is in bolded text that it's an annual plan you pay monthly (no total price at checkout, just the price of the monthly subscription that is tied into an annual contract) and other times the word "annual" cannot be found. 

I'm making sure my AMEX blocks all future charges from Adobe.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click the start free trial.

@kglad Yes, did that and got the screen which the OP has been posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, that bolsters their case and reinforces my suggestion that they contact adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a thread of the @Adoboh Adobe lover defending his godsend platform's scummy tactics. Looks like everyone else is stupid and Adobe isn't deceptive: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/the-annual-subscription-scam-by-adobe/td-p/13680681. One reply says that they have found thousands of posts detailing the same terrible situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i opened edge on my iphone in private mode, searched for adobe stock and clicked the offer for 10 free stock pics.  i then saw which acurately explains the terms

IMG_2663.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@karanj27 

again, contact adobe support.  that's where you should make your case.  support's shown significant understanding to other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines