Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am i being taken advantage of by adobe?

Participant ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

About a month ago i took out a subscription to adobe. When speaking with the sales assistant on chat, i specified i need adobe photoshop and that i need to be able to use older versions of adobe photshop, specifically cc 2018.  They told me the 'Photography Plan 20gb' will work and gave me what i thought was a good offer for it, so i went ahead.  for a month everything worked great, but have now found photoshop cc 2018 wont work; i go to load it and it asks me to log into my adobe cc account , but then bounces back that no account can be found for it, but if i try photoshop cc 2021 it works.  I was told my operating system needs updating and was provided a link to what requirements i need to have it working: ( https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html#sa_src=web-messaging )  , upon reading this my systems meets all requirements.  As a tester I did 2 things, 1) It offered me a free trial period and i got photoshop cc 2018 working for seven days and then after this, i took out another subscription (on top of my photography 20gb plan ), the stand alone photoshop 100gb plan and then 2018 cc started working again also.  The clear issue being i now have two plans running. I tried speaking with them to see if they could move my terms and conditions to this new photoshop plan but seems i will be paying 3 times as much, for something i had working on my current plan and was told would work on the plan i originally took out.  This doesnt seem fair or right.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Account, Payment, & Plan forum from Photoshop ecosystem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll need to discuss this with adobe support:

there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i have spoken with them numerous times regarding this via chat and whilst i believe its a simple fix, they never seem to understand what i mean and keeping advising me to update my system, despite proving my system meets all the needs and clearly it cannot be the system as i can get it to work under certain circumstances

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for this.  I did try this a while back and its what actually allowed me to have cc 2018, but it seems that to have these older links you need a cc subcription to use them. So i had a cc subscription and then the cc 2018 photshop link worked great, not issues. Until a month ago, when i would try to launch photoshop cc 2018, it would then bring up the PD app up (see picture) and would ask me to log in, i would do that and it would not recognise me having a cc subscription, but then try cc 2021 it would open up fine and thats where my problem started, its as if for me to use old photoshop versions, adobe doesn not recognise my subscription but under cc 2021 it opens up fine.  When i try to open up phtoshop cc 2018 now it just buffers at the log in age and wont even allow me to sign in (not that i got past this stage before anyway) see pic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have know even tried to download adobe photoshop cc 2019 from the link oyu provided and that does not work, as i go to in stall it i get the following error message: see pic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EmmEmm 

you do not have a subscription, or you do have a subscription but your cc desktop app is not allowing you to sign in, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a subscription to the Photography Plan 20gb.  Up until a month ago with this plan everything worked fine, then one day i came on to launch PS 2018 and then the PD app launched, asking me for a login.  it wasnt recognising my email and password to have an adobe subscription which i did / do.  i launched photoshop cc 2021 and that worked / works fine.  going back to try getting into PS 2018 the prompt kept coming up to log in, but it said i can license the software for 7 days on a free trial, so i pressed the trial button and it worked, had it for seven day suntil that ran out.  I then as a test yesterday took out another subscription which was the Photoshop 100gb plan and on that my PS 2018 cc worked again, but i then cancelled this plan obviously becuase i dont want to pay for 2 plans and it has now gone back to PS 2018 CC does not work..  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. 

from your initial message it wasn't clear what the problem was.  now it's clear you have a subscription that's reverted back to a trial (and trials cannot run non-current or close to current adobe apps for more than 7 days).

start here - https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

(note: you don't need to update the apps, but you do need to install an updated cc desktop app, if it's offered.)

if that fails, proceed to these steps - https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/resolve-trial-and-license-expired-errors.html

if that fails, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html

if those all fail, change your cc language. eg, try international english - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-trial-mode.html

if that fails, change the install location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank oyu for this, i am current in the first start point and I am trying to manually reset the hosts, but with mine it has something in the list called ' Block Adobe Acxtivation' should i try to delete this?  The host file is locked though and only allows me to duplicate it? see pics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whoa,

that is a problem, and probably is THE problem.

first, to edit the hosts file you need to run a plain text editor as an admin.  here are details:

https://windows-11.en.softonic.com/articles/how-to-edit-hosts-file-iwindows-10-11?utm_source=SEM&utm...

you should delete everything including that line about adobe and all the 127.0.0.1 localhost entries including the one above that line about blocking adobe. 

you should also use a # before every other line in that file that does not already have # preceeding it.  save.  

then retry opening your cc desktop app.  if that fails, you may need to reset it:

make sure it's in the foreground, then press:
Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, restart your computer > open the cc desktop app > if not fixed, sign out and then back in to your cc desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do oyu have information on the host file running as admin for mac users? apologies not the most techky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and when you say everything, you mean everything! deltete until it is just a blank white page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete the 127.0.0.1 lines

every other line should have a # preceding it (like many of the lines already have).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so this is hhow i have got it vs the original version (see pics).

should i go ahead and save this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, don't save.

it should look like:

kglad_0-1670432470396.png

(except all the hashes on the left will be aligned)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank so to 100% clarify it should look like this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

where are the # marks preceding the bottom 4 lines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so i have added the additional hatags, but the one issue i am facing is with the one of the 'local host' lines, i cannot seem to delete the gap, so its either have the gap, have it on the right side? ( see pics)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 2nd screenshot is good.

the hash on the left side of a line removes the function of the rest of that line.

you're removing the functioning of all the hosts lines.  using #s instead of just deleting allows you to easily restore lines if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i am going to go with the second screenshot with all the 'local host' titles aligned on the right, wish me luck. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i entered in the new information, but no luck 😞 . currently it is setup with the following informaiton ( see pic ).  I restatred CC and then also restarted my imac but to no avail, when i launch ps 2018 cc it still does the following:

1) asks for sign in (see pic)

2) I then sign in and it brings up the offer of a trial (see pic)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure if this adds anything, but tried to download photoshop 2017 cc and i get the same prompts, sign in and then a free trial?  if anyone knows where for me to go next i would be honestly greatful. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines