• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancel Lightroom Classic subscription

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to talk to someone about cancelling my monthly subscription for Lightroom Classic V 11.3.1 and Photoshop. I know how to do it, just want to make sure I can still use the Apps if needed which are on my computers, I just wont get any further updates. 

I also need to confirm I do have just Adobe LR Classic version, not Creative Cloud, as in the Cloud based version. I never sign up for Cloud version,  but recent emails etc have Creative Cloud as the  title

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take a look at the below link and scroll down to this bit "What happens when I cancel my Creative Cloud subscription?"

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to clarify that I have LR Classic not the web based Creative Cloud.
How do I do that please?

Jill Timms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a subscription to Creative Cloud if you have Lightroom Classic v 11.3.1.

See the link given by Ged_Traynor .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR6 is the last perpetual licensed version and it is no longer supported.

Check your Adobe online account to find out exactly what you have on record.

https://account.adobe.com/plan

https://account.adobe.com/products

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, in the link above by Ged it says this : You can continue to access all your photos on your local hard drive through Lightroom for the desktop. You can continue to import and organize photos and output your edited photos through Export, Publish, Print, Web, or Slideshow. Access to the Develop & Map modules and Lightroom for mobile is not available after your membership ends". 

So, I still have access to my photos in the desktop LR Classic. I just won't be able to edit them or any new ones in Develop mode. I do find this annoying as the reason I went for the Desktop version a long time ago now, was so it would remain, and I could use it as a local App but would not get any further updates once I chose to stop the subscription. Oh well ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscription software is exactly that.  You pay to use it.  When you stop paying, you lose it. 

But Adobe does not remove software or image files from your device.  You must do that manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, You say... 'Adobe doesnt remove Software'... ..! That may be so. But the means and ability to use the said software.

I have paid for this as a desktop facility, editing on my DESKTOPS, that was the whole point. It suddenly became the Cloud version. I am VERY computer savvy, but got no idication that this was going to happen. Very disappointed in Adobe. Taking LR CLassic to Creative Cloud. Whatever, I will adjust. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you're saying, sorry. 

Creative Cloud is desktop software.  It's activated with a valid paid subscription when you log-in with your Adobe ID and password.  In the absense of a paid subscription, you can't activate it to use it.

If you have legacy software installed, you need a valid serial number to activate it.  That's entirely separate from Creative Cloud's subscription activation.

Make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,
I am shocked and surprised you don’t understand what I am say.
It is not hard to understand.
When I originally got LR Classic, it was a purely a Desktop Application, all on my computers.
I paid for to access regular SOFTWARE updates, which I appreciated.
Then… it went to the cloud version.
I just need a local photo editing application, if Adobe LR Classic / aka Creative Cloud is not that, maybe you can suggest something for a Mac user.
Without a monthly subscription. Just a LOCAL editing tool.
If not, no worries.
Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK let me clarify terms for you.

Creative Cloud LR Classic (desktop) and LR Cloud (mobile/web) are accessible only with a paid subscription.

LR6 was the legacy version, sold on a perpetual license prior to the release of Creative Cloud.  Did you previously purchase a license to LR6?

If yes, it all depends on your computer equipment. It might still work or not. You will need your original installation disks and valid serial number to activate it.

If you didn't purchase a LR6 license, you're out of luck.  LR6 is not sold or supported anymore.  That ship sailed in 2018.

I don't know of any freeware Lighroom Classic alternatives for Mac, sorry.

Luminar by Skylum offers both subscription and one-time purchase.

https://skylum.com/checkout/luminar-neo

On1 has subscription and one-time purchase

https://www.on1.com/store/

I think Corel AfterShot Pro has a one-time purchase.

https://www.aftershotpro.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
When I originally got LR Classic, it was a purely a Desktop Application, all on my computers.
By @Dreamwork

It still is. Lr Classic (under that name!) was always subscription-based. Subscription-based means that you can use the software as long as you are paying the fee. If not, it will stop working. It has nothing to do with using the cloud to store data. All is local.

Lightroom Classic, however, has the particularity, that, when you stop paying, it downgrades to a kind of Lightroom light, allowing you to still use part of the modules. Develop and Map will be disabled. Basically, Lr downgrades to an image database.

Lr6 was the last Lightroom version where you bought the licence to use on a perpetual basis. Lr6 won't run on a current macOS computer. That is, however, Apple's doing, as old software simply does not run on current Apple hardware and OS.

Today, you have the choice of taking a yearly subscription for around $10/month (including Photoshop!), or you take Photoshop Express for around $100 single purchase. If you want something other, you need to look at 3rd party programs.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you cancel your paid subscription, all access to apps & services stops immediately.

Legacy apps (CS5 or CS6) will continue, although you may need to re-install them after running the Adobe Cleaner Tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines